+1 (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, July 27, 2017, 20:05 (2482 days ago) @ Cody Miller

To frame it as Bungie abandoning lore is in no way fair to what was actually being said. If anything, they plan on actually exploring things like the Traveler, Light, and The Darkness in-game. Just not all at the same time or in the same release.

Fine yes, but you know what I mean. In Des2ny these things take a backseat to Ghaul.

So what?

Yet all of these had compelling stories and excellent build ups to when the main characters finally engaged their universes’ big bads. And, of course, that’s just the top three examples off the top of my head. Having an ultimate villain in the background while the heroes build up to it is hardly a unique concept.

If Bungie has decided to put The Darkness in the background for a bit or even a whole game while they build up to it by focusing on how it in the past decimated or influenced or motivated the Cabal and other races that invaded our system, well then that’s just fine.

As long as we get good stories and good villains and good gameplay and an overarching plot progression that makes sense, I’m good with leaving things like The Darkness (a potentially multi-dimensional embodiment of chaos and evil) in the background for as long as it takes to make finally encountering it as good as it should be.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread