+1 (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 27, 2017, 13:06 (2483 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, July 27, 2017, 13:12

When you’re editing a film, do you write new scenes and demand they get filmed else the film will fail?

YES! Maybe not demand, but suggest after careful consideration. This happens all the time. Even if it as simple adding dialogue in ADR or getting insert shots. And yes, sometimes totally new scenes.

Justice League is spending $25 million on reshoots as we speak.

That’s what I dislike about your style of criticism, Cody. You dismiss such things as irrelevant and presume your idea is the only good solution. And only you can point out things they’ve done right (like in that Zavala cutscene) and still make it seem like you’re saying they’re dropping the ball.

I think there is confusion… I'm not necessarily saying that Bungie is failing or dropping the ball with Des2ny. I am saying that the failings of Destiny carry over, and no matter how good of a job they do on Des2ny, there is damage that has been done. That can be difficult to overcome. There is no way to know until the game ships, but I suspect that they may have not done enough to mitigate Destiny's shortcomings, particularly with the talk about basically abandoning much of the first game's lore. That actually COULD turn out to be a good solution. But it might not. They appear to be doing a lot though!

I am probably guilty of making premature judgements, but the mission is described as the 'first mission'. So there is nothing between that and Rise of Iron except perhaps an opening cutscene.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread