So, how is it? (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 07:49 (2491 days ago) @ CommandrCleavage

No problems at all with opening mission other than feeling dizzy at parts. I think this was from the movements of the fire and trying to look at things/for enemies at the same time.

I've seen several people mention feeling nauseous due to the fire. I'm not sure where this happened to people. I didn't notice anything (yay?). I hope this doesn't develop into a serious problem for people/D2/Bungie.

I liked that the opening part with Zavala was a common area, I didn't expect that and was mildly confused about what was going on till I was able to rez a few people.

Yeah, I was confused too. I hit the encounter solo and two other guardians joined in as I was playing through it. I thought they may have been match-made in with me. I intended on posting a question about what the heck was going on in that encounter, but after reading about other people's experiences I think I got it. It's a "social space" (what's the right word?), not an instance, and it looks like repelling a certain # of waves is a personal objective that you need to meet before you can move on. I really like the idea of notable things happening in the non-instanced portions of a mission. It makes it so that they're more than just "quick sparrow past all patrol area."

I think if I play this again I'm going to hang out in that encounter for a while before moving on, just for the fun of it.

Speaking of which, how do I replay that mission? Upon completion I couldn't see a way to select it (or any PvE content) again from the director. Do I have to delete my character to play it again as a Titan?

Once I finished with the main part I went right into Inverted Spire. This was not enjoyable, I did this with rando's who left me right at the beginning when all I wanted to do was take it slow and look around. Lesson learned, play with friends, duh.

Yeah, I didn't do the Inverted Spire because I didn't want to be matched up with randos, and none of my typical crew were online.
I wasn't in the mood for PvP either. I just wanted to check out the social space & replay the PvE mission, but I couldn't see any way to do that. So I turned it off feeling dissatisfied and disappointed because I was left wanting. (not saying this is Bungie's fault tho' a link back to the story mission would have helped with this).

I dislike how slow cool downs are, I am hoping this is just a beta thing and it's not going to be that long in the game depending on what you have selected as your strengths.

The cool-down time for my super didn't bother me too much, but what really bothered me was the cool-down for my grenade (and other abilities). I wish I could pop off my abilities a little faster, especially my grenades.

Overall I think I'm looking forward to D2.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread