LOL. Legit said "Can't wait for Cheap to chime in on this". (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, June 26, 2023, 09:54 (308 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Me either, really. I didn’t really mean in a sense of no one literally debating me. I just mean, when was the last time anyone posted a cool thing that happened in the game? Where’s any excitement for it? The lack of posting about it here doesn’t prove that there isn’t anything exciting or cool happening, of course.

I'd probably do it more if I remembered to hit 'record'. Last one I posted was a couple of months ago:

https://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?id=180731

I still play, though, pretty regularly. Of course there are things that annoy me (I'm pretty sure there's no part of my life that doesn't have those), but for the most part, I enjoy the game. I even fish without being angry that fishing exists; it's a nice break at the end of an evening, a few minutes of pulling up shinies. It can 100% be ignored if you find it boring; when folks focus on how terrible it is, I just wonder, is there really so little in this game that interests you that you have to complain about THIS? And if there is, why are you still here? (Not here in this forum, but here, in this game.) It's a trivial little activity that was added this season; if you hate it, pretend it didn't get added. You lose nothing. (I'm pretty sure most other activities will get you loot faster than fishing, so it's not even like Bungie is forcing you into it in a min-max way.)

I totally get why you're gone, Cheap, and I don't resent you at all for leaving (though I wish there were still a way to play with you)... but pointing at griping on a forum (this one, or Reddit, or really ANY forum) is not a good way to show how terrible a game is. There are lots and lots and lots of people who just play - they don't post, they don't engage the negativity, they don't register on your "it's great-it's terrible" meter. They just play. More and more, I'm becoming one of them. Engaging on forums is becoming less and less enjoyable, so I'm doing less and less of it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread