LOL. Legit said "Can't wait for Cheap to chime in on this". (Destiny)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, June 24, 2023, 20:20 (309 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Well, I don’t see any countering that by singing its praises.

Just don’t have the energy.

Me either, really. I didn’t really mean in a sense of no one literally debating me. I just mean, when was the last time anyone posted a cool thing that happened in the game? Where’s any excitement for it? The lack of posting about it here doesn’t prove that there isn’t anything exciting or cool happening, of course.

A bunch of people I play with have shared live and on forums how much they love fishing. And I…don't get it. So, I don't do it. (I didn't get it in Animal Crossing either.) But I may join a voice chat with them while they fish and I do other stuff until we do something together.

I think we post about stuff less here because so little of the game is purely solo so we already shared with someone. And sharing about new stuff is spoiling and sharing about old stiff seems pointless as it's old stuff. I like playing Cribbage and Catan and Threes and tennis, but I don't share it with people because the thing that is good about the experience is not the novelty. I've done it before and so have the people I would tell, so why bother memorializing it. I imagine it is like when I would see old men playing dominoes in the park. It will be fun if you were there for it, but if not, then the power of it leaves with the moment.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread