I'll amend Monochron's statement (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 21:02 (3279 days ago) @ Monochron

People are ignorant and therefore act like assholes. (Their understanding coming from fragmentary knowledge they glean from other ignorant people [or one biased article] on the internet.)

What might be worse are people who know a little more than average and extrapolate that they know everything.

So if you can't rely on reporters or your own experience, what can you rely on?

Your ability to learn and get smarter about the things you do? Not sure what you are getting at.

Now I'm confused. I took Kermit's response to mean that he thinks I know only a little more than an average person, I'm acting like I know everything, and am therefore not to be taken at value. I happen to think that my 13 years of experience in the games business is worth something. He also said that information coming from articles is biased, and is therefore also not to be trusted. So I want to know what sort of thing he would actually trust.

Maybe I misunderstood and he's saying that it doesn't matter what I say because other people are just going to act like assholes. I hadn't gotten that from his post, but your response makes me wonder if I should have taken it that way. I don't know.

Regardless, your ability to learn and get smarter at the things you do is pretty much the definition of experience, right? So it would seem Kermit is saying you can't rely on that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread