Weekly Update Up Early... (Part 1 of 2...) (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 23:48 (3280 days ago) @ Claude Errera

If the price they're charging is more than you're willing to spend, don't buy it. They're giving fans what we yelled about - a way to buy just the digital bits that come with the most expensive edition, without having to buy all the stuff we already have. It's priced at EXACTLY the difference between the Legendary edition (which comes with the base game and all 3 expansions) and the Digital Collectors Edition (which includes all that stuff, plus what's in this package) - how is that not fair?

This goes right back to what I've been talking about with the $40 and $20 in the other thread, though. I totally get your point here, and I don't think you're wrong. I've been trying to discuss Activision's pricing schemes in relation to other games or even compared to Destiny's own content. How is digital content that mostly appears to be cosmetic somehow worth (in the market, not your own personal subjective idea of worth) the same cost as a DLC expansion like House of Wolves or Dark Below? I think that's the problem people are now seeing with this new $20 price point. Right back to that other thread, what I've been saying is that the pricing doesn't appear to make sense at all in relation to other prices that Activision is charging for Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread