Of all the souls I’ve encountered, yours was the most… human (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, December 08, 2021, 17:12 (869 days ago) @ CougRon

You can’t fool me, you just want to free up time to watch the new Matrix movie on endless repeat…?

Haha, you know me too well! I know you're not gonna believe this—hell, even I can't myself—but to tell you the truth, I'm not really psyched to see The Matrix Resurrections. I wasn't really happy with the ending to The Matrix Revolutions, but it was finished. Things were wrapped up, loose ends were tied, and the final piston CLAAAAANGED. Y'know? Things were done.

The original Matrix is twenty-two years old. The sequels are 18. I doubt I'm the only person in the world who loved the sequels, but it certainly feels like it. There are people out there who were(are? I dunno) petitioning to have the two removed. The Matrix Universe was expansive, comprehensive, and one of the most fulfilling experiences that a fan could ask for. Three movies, incredibly detailed BTS assets of all three, an anime collection that at the time was revolutionary, comics, multiple games(of admittedly...controversial quality), music, mythos, lore, tie-ins(I STILL want that Matrix phone) and piles of accolades as one of the greatest achievements in cinematic history.

The fact that they're bringing this up again after two decades boils down to one thing: money.

I just know that this is another short ride on the remake train(even though this is technically a sequel). And it was full of red flags from the faintest whiff:

I wish them the best (seriously, the craziest thing about all this is how Carrie-Ann Moss still looks THAT. DAMN. GOOD. a quarter of a century later) but honestly I doubt I'll be watching this one. Certainly won't be shaving my head again, lol

I will admit though, hearing that Don Davis™ string swell again sends a shiver of pleasure down my spine. Felt real good. ;-)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread