I think I’m with you. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, December 08, 2021, 12:09 (867 days ago) @ squidnh3

No, I haven’t, and I should. Dungeons have been the best part of Destiny since they were introduced.

But playing last night, especially after not playing regularly for like a month now, just broke me on the loop of Destiny to the point of not even caring about doing the Dungeon. I want Forerunner, but these seasonal activities are so completely devoid of fun, I can’t stomach doing them anymore, and then being locked out of a cool gun because I don’t engage. As Bungie leans into the seasonal model, which does have a lot going for it, I want to play less and less, but they game is more and more designed around coming back every single week. I’m just not interested anymore.

That’s not bashing the game. It works for them, and for someone who only plays Destiny, I think it’s probably fine. I want to do other shit too, and Destiny just isn’t interested in allowing that to happen in any real way. It’s a bummer, but it’s difficult to be too upset when it really just means I can play more Apex or Warframe or Halo or whatever Sony first party game is next without Destiny hovering in the back of my mind.

Instead of logging on to Destiny tonight to do more bullshit bounties, I’m going to play a brand new Halo campaign. And then next week, instead of grinding out a few more Pinnacles, I’ll play the big new Warframe quest. And then when those are done, maybe I’ll get back to Red Dead Redemption 2, or play more Risk of Rain 2 with stabbim. Destiny has never preventing me from doing those things, but doing those other things has always left me worse off in Destiny, and wanting to do those things has always prevented me from leveling enough to do a GM Nightfall.

These is well-tread territory now, so I’ll stop. I just hope The Witch Queen is good and feels worth playing on its own, without it necessarily having to fit into the week to week mode of Destiny play.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread