As Good A Time As Any. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, December 06, 2021, 17:54 (869 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Now I'm quoting Sonic again...

It's about time I hang Destiny 2 on the saddles. I'll be managing my flair this week(i.e. ships, sparrows and Ghosts) and I do aim to get Harbinger and/or Chosen soon, but other than that, I've gotta go.

It's not this that's the deciding factor(although ngl, this is pretty disheartening)...I've been trying to rehab myself from D2 for a very long time. This is just an ideal opportunity to do so. Complete rework of abilities and economy, double-length mercy season, next expansion around the corner (and let's face it, you know they're gonna neuter Gjallarhorn in D2 just like Truth in D1) and for the first time since I can remember, I've pretty much done everything I want to do. I don't have Eyes of Tomorrow, but I never truly desired it. And I hate Mythoclast, both games. I finished my 2nd favorite place, Tangled Shore, and to be honest since it's so old, I can't get anyone to help me with the Moon anyway, so that might be a bust!

But for me, it's the wear and tear. Destiny 2 is no longer a game to me. It's a job. I obviously don't get paid for it, but I feel like I have to hope for a reward. And really, it takes up too much of my time. I've got so much in my backlog—Games with Gold, Backwards Compats, stuff I bought on sale, achievements I wanted to earn, series I want to start or continue...and that's just on the Xbox! Forgetting about how swamped I am in real life!

I'll still play D1 of course(that's the better game), and I've got two maybe three Destiny drinks left...and I can't wait to upload all my ridiculous clips, exploits and B.S. that I've had fun with over the past four years, but I want to move on. Forward and backward. I've got games to play, movies to watch, and books to read. I need to take control of my gaming library again. And I'm starting now.

...wait, Momentum Control is tomorrow. Okay, next week. ;-)

P.S.—I still have all the cutscenes from Season of the Dawn all the way up to Ager's Scepter, if you change your mind. Other than that, I did all I could.

Much love, go with god, Salud, I'll text you later, all that jazz.

[insert emoji here]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread