Not quite (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 08:14 (884 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The challenges that are marked with the red banner level up the event pass. There are seven of them and they're mixed in with the rest so you'll need to continue to complete challenges to get the rest of the event challenges to appear. You can't finish the event pass this week. It has to be done over five of the six weeks minimum. (not thrilled about it either)

So it’s even worse than anticipated. Now I have event challenges in place of normal ones, and Fiesta sucks and I don’t want to play it, so I just have half as many challenges to do during the event.

Seriously, do they not have anyone in that studio that pays even a little bit of attention to the industry at all? These lessons have been learned dozens of times by as many studios. How is it even possible to fuck something up this bad?

Something something learn from history lol? It is interesting, as I'm not sure how or why, where 343 even-with-the-added-and-known-talent, some how manages to be a step or two behind. They just... miss things. In observation of results presented alone, they are the most professional cliché-indie game dev ever (I suppose is one way I could describe it). And I shall agree in the above, I don't understand why either. Maybe it's because they only ever have to make one game? They don't have to diversify a content portfolio, nor really fight to get their game out to the players. All perks to being congenitally joined to the Microsoft food nipple.

Like... I almost hate to say it, but... just... just copy Bungie than iterate from there. I mean, technically THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE DOIN' ANYWAY! They just need to do more of it. I guess. Ugh... what is that taste in my mouth?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread