Wort wort wort! (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 22, 2021, 09:29 (886 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It’s pretty trash, honestly. Beyond like five colors, all cosmetics are either bought from the store or come from the Battle Pass. Apparently the campaign has some unlocks, but they’ve been datamined and seem to mostly be color unlocks and post match poses, no actual armor pieces.

To top it off, not all pieces can be mixed and matched. There are two “cores,” the Mark V B from Reach (which you have to purchase the current battle pass to use), and the default Mark VII. Armor pieces from one core cannot be used on another core. So if unlock sone shoulder pads for the Mark V B core, I can’t use those shoulder pads on the Mark VII core.

The progression through the pass is also dogshit. It’s really slow and solely based on completing challenges. They threw us a bone and made “complete one match” an infinitely repeating bounty, but it means completing 20 matches to gain one level.

It’s a completely trash system. I won’t justify it, but so will say that the actual game is so goddamn good, that I could happily ignore that aspect of it and just enjoy being able to play a great Halo multiplayer again.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread