Quick "Halo: Infinite" Multiplayer Beta Thoughts (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 18:12 (884 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I've played 30 games, mixed between BTB and 4-team quick play modes. It tastes different, and yet eats like Halo. In short, a drastic improvement to Halo 4 & Halo 5 multiplayer renditions. For the sake of comparison in this metaphor, Halo 4 & Halo 5 multiplayer to me merely looked like food, but was actually quite inedible, again in my purview.

There are a number of quibbles, such as no easy way to mute folks who ARE APPARENTLY HAVING THEIR HOUSE DESTROYED or endearing me with an answer to the question "What does this game sound like if your mother tongue is Portuguese"? Right now what I have to do is check the player list, figure out who's mic is on, and then go into "recent players" on the xbox pop-menu and then go into the profile and mute them.

Bungie has spoiled us with opt-in chat.

It took me a while, but I was finally able to create a custom control scheme that ALMOST feels totally solid. If I could, I'd combo buttons (LB+RB) or have a push/hold-push differentiation for some custom controls, but by and large it's nice to FINALLY be able to build your own control scheme. If 343 could make it so that this sort of thing could be done in "Halo: The Master Chief Collection", I would be quite grateful.

Bungie has spoiled us with customizable control options.

As for weapon feel, it took a while... but I think I got the hang of it for most of the kit. MAN oh man though, some of the weapons feel just bad to use. It feels to me that unless you use them EXACTLY at whatever the designed range was for the weapon, you get no help at all. I don't know what it's like on M+K, but on control some things feel hit and miss WHICH IS NOT OK. Because HALO. Don't get me started on trying to stick it, geeze. No help at all.

Bungie has spoiled us with their Gunnery Witchcraft...or... something.

OH! And speaking of guns... WHAT DID THEY DO TO Muh BATTLE RIFLE!!! It sounds like a pea shooter! WHERE IS THE KABOOM! There is supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!*

I think there are a few other quibbles, but I think I got most of the major ones. I guess I can also add how much I miss lunging melees, but all in all... 343 might actually have something here.

OH!... there is one more thing. The Bots! I'm going to review the BOTS. There are 4 Levels; Recruit, Marine, ODST, and Spartan.

Recruit is in a word, PERFECTION. I've never seen an AI embrace such a rendition of Human cluelessness so well. The AI when set in this mode is SO BAD, that it's good. Not at the game, mind you... anyway. Marine & ODST are... well they are AI. Nothing really stood out. Spartan was disappointing. Simulated Skill is not enough, there has to be an air of tactics to it as well. Where are the flanks? The Shared grenade tosses? The Noob Combos?! Don't call it Spartan if it's just an aim bot, DANG IT!

I played a game of Oddball where my entire team left. Thus what was 4v4 became 1 Human 3 AI VS 4 Humans.

Bungie has spoiled us with their oh-wait-tough-shit-Sherlock-get-good. Have fun in your 1V4 Ranked game.

-_-... ANYWAY!...

I don't know what level of "bot" they were, but it might have been helpful if it was just 1v4 instead. Maybe. Sort of. Just throwing this out there; 1 person leaves and you get 1 Marine level AI. 2? The Next AI is ODST Level. Spartan at 3. Not sure if it would help, but what I witnessed didn't seem too helpful either.

And uh... yeah. We'll see. ^_^

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread