Wort wort wort! (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 22, 2021, 11:50 (879 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by cheapLEY, Monday, November 22, 2021, 12:32

Shotguns feel very week. Not a one hit kill. Therefor they aren't a counter to the sword. I have tried several times to use the Heatwave and maybe have gotten 1 kill with it. Same experience with the Disrupter. Plasma pistol doesn't stall vehicles from what I have seen. Hydra takes too many shots to kill for the time it takes to lock on and reload. The commando feels like a nerfed DMR.

Shotgun is a two hit kill at point blank. Also one shot plus a melee. Still a decent Sword counter, you just have to hit them first. I maintain that if you let a Sword get into kill range, you fucked up somehow either in awareness or positioning. The shotgun is also pretty good at decent ranges. It’s a three hit kill fairly far out.

The Disruptor stole the plasma pistol’s ability to stall vehicles. It takes a few shots. It’s also a damage over time weapon. It eats shields. It’s great for team fire, as it also sparks to other nearby players. I was using it to great effect in a BTB CTF last night. I can tag multiple people with it while my team finishes them off.

The Heatwave is admittedly difficult to use, but it’s powerful. It shoots six pellets per shot, it takes 12 to kill. It’s great in cramped hallways.

I’ve seen lots of people say the Ravager is shit, but it’s also useful. If you hold the trigger and charge a shot it’s fairly powerful and also coats a fairly large area with fire. It’s great for closing down routes, and I’ve successfully stopped flag or oddball recoveries by just painting the area with fire.

Hydra is great on the big team maps. The non-locked on firing mode is more powerful, but the tracking it great if you catch someone out in the open. Again, I’ve had a lot of luck killing flag carriers with it—if you’re locked on you can curve the rockets around cover.

The biggest “problem” (if you can call it that) is that the AR/Sidekick combo is such a fucking workhorse, you barely need to even consider picking anything else up.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread