A Gameing Lament, I guess. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 12:55 (313 days ago) @ Vortech

For all their efforts to the contrary, Destiny still seems very much like a game that wants nothing less than all of your attention. There does not seem to be an acceptable middle ground when it comes to playing Destiny. You're all-in, or you might as well not bother.

Everyone should do whatever makes them happy re: playing Destiny, but I assure everyone it is possible to play the game casually. I have been doing it for years now. I still raid and do dungeons — maybe a week or two later than others. I don't do GM nightfalls because I don't have the level and I don't try to do Trials because I do';t have people who want to and I suspect I lack sufficient skill (though I sorta kept up in D1), so I don't know if it would lack the gear to compete. Still, not a lot to say you are missing out on.

So, there’s a miscommunication happening here. I maybe don’t mean playing it casually. Because I wouldn’t define what you just said as casual play—just doing what Destiny requires but slower.

When I say I want to play it casually, I mean that I want to be able to log on and just play the stuff I want to play. Which, in my case, meant Dungeons and GMs (or at least Master NFs), and basically anything that would be high level end game content. I am wholly uninterested in doing any more chores, no matter how they’re paced. Bungie is also wholly uninterested in allowing me to do that.

There’s certainly no accounting for taste. I’m sure there are people that just like doing Patrol Bounties or whatever (and that person should be on a government watchlist and someone needs to make sure they’re not torturing rodents somewhere), but I’m done with that side of the game. Which means I’m done with the game period, because that stuff isn’t optional.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread