A Gameing Lament, I guess. (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 19, 2023, 17:32 (315 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Instead of direct replies, here is a note for you all, that you're missing the finder points from the broad strokes. I guess that's what I get for just speaking directly from my fingers over here and hoping for the best. Ah.

It's... A Gameing Lament. Not just Destiny. It's a... far wider scope. And I don't knowwwa if it's just meee, or something actually in the bones of it all. And also, no NO! It's not an "Old man yells at cloud" deal, it IS different. And I've been playing videogames for long enough to see the difference.

It feels like... video games passed a threshold recently. And it pains me that I... ...that I can only etch so much in quickness of speed with these fat ol' fingers. So bare with me (though shit, nothing new right, baren' with my dumb ass).

So... first of all...

>_>

We live in a world highly connected, but has never been perhaps so disconnected. And the diffrence is, where before a conversation could have roots, everything feels like topsoil now. If even that, just dust. Recently, on one of the reddit alternatives, I read a comment that I think nailed it on the head.

I realized today why I felt weird at first using Tildes. Because typing out meaningless short responses has become the norm. I can do that without much effort and it feels expected (or at least acceptable). That's not what this site is about. Really trying to understand a situation and formulate a coherent relevant response uses a part of my brain that has atrophied. Which contributes to the boredom and doom scrolling. I'm not engaging in any meaningful way so I'm not engaged. It took me far longer than necessary to write this comment but I'm doing it because I'm realizing I need the kind of engagement found here.

Nothing... MATTERS* (no bungie shhshh) any more. And because art is an intrinsic part of the human soul, it's leeched into entertainment, including video games. We all knew it was happening, and no cody you ain't special like that, stow it.

*Oh and by the way? Total bullshit. The novocain might work folks, but the dental work is still happening.

The social aspect of videogames seems mostly forgone now. Has anyone here watched a stream? Yea! There is words. And a back and forth. But, most of the time it's just a sea of noise. NAMES without purpose. Shit, the fact I can tell cody to shut the fuck up, is beautiful freaking thing, nothing personal Cody. Cody Miller has a name, you beautiful human you, which has incalculably times of more worth than the vomit of noise that often goes for some social aspect for folks whom weren't around to witness the mechanisms which allowed for the difference. One where not all hardship is an evil.

We went from LAN Parties and couch co-op to... man. I'm digressing. Ok, so maybe I did just old man yell at cloud a touch. Blah blah blah, darn kids, uphill in the snow. Let's see here, where do we get back onto this road...

I mentioned before in my first part at the top about... the stupid of our fun. Halo, and all that... Where do we go now? That's why I've stayed. Where do we go now? "Just run outside naked in the cold" yells cheapLEY, "The frostbite means it's working!"

[image]

Single Player Games are still there, thank freaking goodness, but... I don't go to bars, I play videogames. Instead spending money on an overpriced fermented poison, I... WE have fun with our digital action figures, in worlds plucked form the minds of designers and artists and masters of theme. That's been my thing since Halo, shoot, before that... when I was in a clan back in the 90's, that was my thing. Shoot! I STILL (somewhere) have the burned disk one of the members sent to my PO box when I lost my disk. I mean, a different age man.

I'm too young (at heart) to be this darned tired. Even when I'm looking at a pastime which I've loved, and still love, I feel... dejection. I made some posts when Overwatch fell. Or, maybe I should call it "pushed". And recently... well look...

And there is no stopping this greed-ffiti, obviously, always has been. It's sprayed about on all things with just enough care, and the whales filter feed it up. And I don't know where to go. That "social" aspect, which allows my proclivity for social need to be filled without being overwhelmed by mindless dribble. The Hijinks of play.

...then again, maybe I do. Maybe I'll just stop playing video games and do something else. ;_;

Instead of ending this post like that, I'm going to include a clip of the last time I really had a MOMENT with the community. And the folks who were there will know exactly what this is.

Also this. For the ending.

Bungie that ending is DOPE AF.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread