A Gameing Lament, I guess. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 19, 2023, 18:18 (314 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by cheapLEY, Monday, June 19, 2023, 18:25

It has changed, absolutely.

But . . . I think you just need a break. Yes, Halo is gone. We'll never, ever get another game like the perfection that was Halo 3. No major publisher will put out a massive campaign with a great, feature rich multiplayer mode without any hooks for players to spend even more money on the color red for their little dudes. It just won't happen. That seal has been broken, and there's no putting that shit back in the bottle. Bungie themselves were instrumental in making sure that's true, and fuck them forever for doing so. But if it hadn't been them, it'd have been someone else. I'm sure there's some hidden gem indie games that still have some of that stuff in spades, but I can't really think of anything.

Great co-op games are everywhere. I played It Takes Two with Cody last year, and it's one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had, period. It's not the hijinks filled community nights of Halo, no. But it's a great way to spend time with a friend. I've played Dying Light and Resident Evil 5 and The Division and Remnant: From the Ashes and countless other games with Korny. They're all fantastic, and many have offered as many hijinks as Halo did, if on a smaller scale. (Hey, let's start Helldivers soon, yeah?) The Forest exists. Deep Rock Galactic is just waiting for you to play it. Unlike Destiny, it doesn't kick you in the dick and ask for more money every time you consider trying to have fun. In fact, it's entirely free! Hell, go play Fortnite; it's less greedy than Destiny is and is actually tons of fun.

I won't sit here and pretend that I don't yearn for the days of Halo past, but that's not going to happen. There are tons of other incredibly amazing games, co-op and otherwise. You pick one, I'll play it with you. Because I was feeling similarly to how you seem to be not that long ago. And then I quit Destiny and started having fun playing video games with friends again.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread