A Gameing Lament, I guess. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 19, 2023, 14:20 (314 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by cheapLEY, Monday, June 19, 2023, 14:25

I don't miss Destiny at all. Like, not even a bit. Not even a touch of curiosity about what is happening in the story. I legitimately do not care.

I've come to realize that it's been a long time since I've played Destiny because it was legitimately what I wanted to be doing with my time. Not that it wasn't enjoyable sometimes, but, given the choice, I would have rather been playing something else. But I needed to keep up so I could actually participate when something I genuinely wanted to do came around (like a new Dungeon). And if I ever got the invite to raid or do a dungeon or play Iron Banner or Trials or whatever, I wanted to be able to do so. I spent 95% of my play time ensuring I was ready for the 5% of stuff I actually wanted to do.

I don't miss that at all. And, surprisingly, I've found that I don't miss even that 5% of stuff I was looking forward to. You could offer me the ability to play a brand new blind raid or dungeon right now with no need to prep anything, and I'd still decline. I genuinely have no interest. It's like a spell has been broken.

I do miss playing with some of you that still only play Destiny, but not enough, I guess, to pull me back in. I've had too much fun enjoying other co-op stuff and plenty of single player games I would not have managed to get around to if I was still playing Destiny.

All of this is to say just quit, man. You won't miss it nearly as much as you think you will. For all their efforts to the contrary, Destiny still seems very much like a game that wants nothing less than all of your attention. There does not seem to be an acceptable middle ground when it comes to playing Destiny. You're all-in, or you might as well not bother. And trust me, it's much better when you fall on the "not bother" side of that equation. There's too much other stuff to do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread