What have we learned? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 09:06 (513 days ago) @ ZackDark

I can't remember who's on this team, but if there's anyone from the normal Wednesday night raid team, you should get the 'one scanner' strat down. It's by far the least stressful on 5/6 of the team.

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€

Instead of sending the scanner up and down each time, the SCANNER (person) goes up and down each time. This requires that the scanner person makes no mistakes, but reduces the chances that OTHERS make mistakes, and most DPS is done on the top level. (Someone is waiting when the scanner comes up to shoot off the purple thing, but everyone else is in a bubble or rift, in a relatively central location, waiting to do damage.)

You can even skip the bottom phase after the first one; it's not required. (I can't remember the details, would need to talk to Chappy or Squid, but all you lose is a little damage - it's not critical as long as you're doing a decent job at the top.) It reduces the chances for stupid deaths, like jumping into empty elevator tubes, or getting killed by something as you're running for the elevator, or whatever.

Sort of surprised you DIDN'T have assigned legs. It makes the difference between success and maybe-success on almost every run. (Once the bombs start falling, it's really easy to just pick up what's next to you, if you don't have an assigned one... and this will ALMOST ALWAYS lead to problems. Also, there's a language difference (in the kill feed) between picking up a bomb on the ground, and taking one out of someone else's hands, but my experience is that almost nobody notices this; many failures just come down to someone THINKING they were picking up a bomb off the ground, but ACTUALLY taking a bomb off their teammate, and nobody noticing until it was too late.)

Shooting off the bombs was the hard part, running them was fine, actually. I hadn't heard of assigning a single person to shoot each one off before. I always found "everyone shoot everything they see" to be very consistent before :p

It's more "assign a single person to a single bomb" - it's not exclusive to shooting, it's also picking up... but in general, one person shooting one bomb (with the two extras shooting everything) takes bombs down pretty fast. I dunno. That might be one of those things Korny was talking about, do it a few times and it stops being an issue.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread