How’s life? (DBO)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 11:29 (565 days ago) @ Morpheus

as the concepts learned can basically be used in any similar modeling program. Modo, C4d, 3dsMax, Maya, A.K.A CAD, such as Onshape, SOLIDWORKS, AutoCAD, and DraftSight.

Your edit to my quote (the "A.K.A") is incorrect. As I mentioned, the workflows are entirely different. To start.

With all THAT said, for real, it's all an up hill climb. I don't know what you know or don't know, but before you get any deeper in this ocean that necessity has thrown you in, these things are good to know before you get any farther from land, yeah? Again, good luck.

Absolutely nothing. But it seems like everyone is self-taught nowadays...But thanks!

Uhhhhh.......

ah.

...man it would have been real nice if Kahzgul was still around here to back me up and check my thoughts...

...so what I am about to say is entirely on the basis of, as you've mentioned, the need to figure out... well, a whole reinvention of your professional self. Like, sheesh. That alone is alot. So, know that I do not mean to discourage, only warn. There is an ocean, both vast and ever changing, of stuff to know in this space. What I can say is, if you do not take the VERY WISE ADVICE (if I may be so bold to say so) of shifting your pursuits into the 3d Drafting side of things, and you instead push through on the far more Media centric side of things (which is what Blender does), then you shall be endeavoring on a much wider kaleidoscope of things to learn. An ecosystem of tools and skills to know.

It will NOT just be Blender.

What else would it be? Well, the particulars depend on what the goal is of what you are trying to make. Yet, even that may be too far to ask about as you're greener then grass. You probably don't even know that, short a hope and an idea. ...been there, done that.

I'm tell'n ya man. You can hardly yet fathom how deep this goes, and I don't think it can be done so casually. Seeing as you're sitting on bedrock and looking up into this infinite unknown, oof, you're probably going to need climbing shoes for this one brother. Self-learning wise, if you make it your lifes purpose, 12 hours a day (half to learn and half to do), and you frequent the appropriate forums, you might be able to pull off something of a vast knowledge in a years time. Ball park. Again, presuming you're trying to gain these skills and know-how for profit, and so time is money.

Heed the advice and warnings brother. Again, good luck.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread