Glaive-a-Rant (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, April 29, 2022, 14:18 (720 days ago) @ Korny

Door handle stuff

Well, I guess you do you man. Only thing left for me to say is how surprised I am in your trust in every day folk. That they would act so rationally and measured in the every day, among or because of anxiety and all. Bold principles, indeed. I would love to be surprised.

Short of Bungie adding a "Fist" weapon category (Warframe style!), I do not expect anything that is not strictly my character's unadulterated melee (charged/uncharged) to trigger melee effects. nearly a decade of Destiny has worked this way, and it's safe to assume that barring any extremely specific wording, it will always work this way, regardless of how many non-projectile weapons they add.

Iron Knuckle Exotic! I'm all for it, though it does sound like it would be best a Titan Exclusive Exotic. ;D

Anywho, this is a reasonable enough response I suppose. Perhaps it was too broad of me to think the first person melee should work with a first person (hybrid) melee weapon. Perhaps. My imagination is wasted on this game.

All of our imaginations are wasted on this game. Bungie has long been among the least ambitious developers that I know, and I say this without feeling like it's hyperbolic. I have to try to stop myself when we get into the "wouldn't it be great if" talks about how Destiny could implement sensible improvements that would simply make the game more fun than the Bounty Farming Simulator that it's been for ages. Could they find a way to implement melee perks in a more dynamic way? Sure, but they're far more interested in making sure that any addition to the game has to gel with PvP (as long as they don't have to actually make new maps or modes, lol).

Maybe that's what guides my mindset of "of course this wouldn't synergize" with Destiny. Where games like Genshin or Warframe reward player's finding ways to stack gameplay mechanics, Bungie has historically cut down on any variety with gameplay elements (down to the latest update hitting every class with their own reeling-in of perks/abilities).

Anyway, this is the last weekend for getting that perfect Desperado roll on Messenger (before the upcoming nerf, of course), so enjoy that grind, folks!

Well said. (Also, have the mentioned roll. Fun. Curious how the perk Nerf will make it feel.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread