Glaive-a-Rant (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, April 28, 2022, 00:33 (728 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I like my glaives. I like them so much that one of them is currently Level 188, with almost 15,000 kills. I LOVE that in CQC, they use no ammo, but can still take down a pair of Ogres and a Wizard, singlehandedly and simultaneously (I did that this morning, on a PsiOps run, when both of my teammates were dead).

I didn't really care much for Glaives at the start of Witch Queen, but yeh, once you figure out their role and mechanics, they're a fantastic addition to the Sandbox as they are, and I will be sad when the Artifact Perks go away.

I'm THRILLED that the choice Bungie made (no perks, but no ammo usage, won out over perks, but ammo requirements) went they way it did. I would use this weapon far, far less if they'd picked your preferred route.

They can be used as a melee weapon. You know what else is a melee weapon? Swords! Nobody threw a tantrum when Sword melees didn't trigger melee perks. Because melee perks are for your melee; it's in the name!
Maybe it's just me, but at no point in playing my Voidlock did I even once expect the Glaive to trigger my Void-melee perks/wells. Maybe that would be neat, of course, but the amount of balancing, perk changes, and PvP consequences that would take place boggles the mind, and quite frankly, I have zero faith that Bungie would be able to pull it off, so I'm the same boat as you, happy with the path they chose.

::shrug::

Different strokes. Or stabs, maybe.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread