Glaive-a-Rant (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, April 28, 2022, 13:42 (700 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

They can be used as a melee weapon. You know what else is a melee weapon? Swords! Nobody threw a tantrum when Sword melees didn't trigger melee perks. Because melee perks are for your melee; it's in the name!

Classic Korny-isms aside, it's probably because we all were having a tantrums on the state of Destiny at the time. It's harder to call shit out when everything else is in different shades of brown as well. As for the rest, well, no doubt you're the reason push doors have handles you can pull Korny. Probably think its pretty funny. The height of cleverness.

It's a little funny. That said, you only need to see the rest of the door's design to understand how it operates, everything from the frame to the hinges would be a dead giveaway. You can't just rant and rave that the door needs to open with a pull since the handle can be physically pulled, it's just not designed that way. This is how I see you in this post.

Maybe it's just me, but at no point in playing my Voidlock did I even once expect the Glaive to trigger my Void-melee perks/wells.

Why not?

Because I expect melee perks to trigger on my melee, full stop. Short of Bungie adding a "Fist" weapon category (Warframe style!), I do not expect anything that is not strictly my character's unadulterated melee (charged/uncharged) to trigger melee effects. nearly a decade of Destiny has worked this way, and it's safe to assume that barring any extremely specific wording, it will always work this way, regardless of how many non-projectile weapons they add.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread