Glaive-a-Rant (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, April 29, 2022, 13:35 (727 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Korny, Friday, April 29, 2022, 13:39

It's a little funny. That said, you only need to see the rest of the door's design to understand how it operates, everything from the frame to the hinges would be a dead giveaway. You can't just rant and rave that the door needs to open with a pull since the handle can be physically pulled, it's just not designed that way. This is how I see you in this post.

:O...

This man just argued for poor design on the basis of door hinges.

That things work based on their foundational mechanics/engineering? Crazy notion, but I'm known for bold principles.

Korny be real with me. You're tell'n me that every time you've approached a door, instead of thinking about going through that door and oh gee all the things that need to get done in the day, you stop the momentum of your action to check and or admire the door hinges (should they be seen)? EVERY SINGLE TIME?!

Y... Yes? Any time that I approach a door that I have not opened myself, I assess it. Is it automatic? Is it a turn handle? Can I see the hinges (pull) or not (most likely push)? Is there a keypad? A sign telling you not to use that door? The entire process takes like two seconds.

Do you simply walk up to a door and assume it's a pull and yank the handle, or something? Must be great to live without any anxiety.

Short of Bungie adding a "Fist" weapon category (Warframe style!), I do not expect anything that is not strictly my character's unadulterated melee (charged/uncharged) to trigger melee effects. nearly a decade of Destiny has worked this way, and it's safe to assume that barring any extremely specific wording, it will always work this way, regardless of how many non-projectile weapons they add.

Iron Knuckle Exotic! I'm all for it, though it does sound like it would be best a Titan Exclusive Exotic. ;D

Anywho, this is a reasonable enough response I suppose. Perhaps it was too broad of me to think the first person melee should work with a first person (hybrid) melee weapon. Perhaps. My imagination is wasted on this game.

All of our imaginations are wasted on this game. Bungie has long been among the least ambitious developers that I know, and I say this without feeling like it's hyperbolic. I have to try to stop myself when we get into the "wouldn't it be great if" talks about how Destiny could implement sensible improvements that would simply make the game more fun than the Bounty Farming Simulator that it's been for ages. Could they find a way to implement melee perks in a more dynamic way? Sure, but they're far more interested in making sure that any addition to the game has to gel with PvP (as long as they don't have to actually make new maps or modes, lol).

Maybe that's what guides my mindset of "of course this wouldn't synergize" with Destiny. Where games like Genshin or Warframe reward player's finding ways to stack gameplay mechanics, Bungie has historically cut down on any variety with gameplay elements (down to the latest update hitting every class with their own reeling-in of perks/abilities).

Anyway, this is the last weekend for getting that perfect Desperado roll on Messenger (before the upcoming nerf, of course), so enjoy that grind, folks!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread