Destiny Awaits (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, June 04, 2024, 06:31 (22 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

My entire Destiny life has been in a haze of confusion. Never understanding the story, never knowing what to do or how to do it and always being too weak to play anything of value. These aren't complaints, just...how it's been.

Memories.

The details of this one are foggy. It wasn't as significant event for me as it was for everyone else. A group of regular raiders here needed a sixth to finish a final encounter. I had never played the raid, they basically just needed me to stand there. One of players had done the raid maaaany times in search for a certain weapon. At the end of the raid, I got said weapon and they didn't. Everyone laughed except for me and that person. He was pissed and I didn't know better.

The creation of Team Rabid Pets. Myself, DeadlyBunny, CougRon and MechaTanuki hopped into some Trials of Osiris. It was the first time for all of us. Not only did we lose every game, we lost every round....except for 1. And we celebrated like we won the Super Bowl.

An 8 hour Oryx fail. I had never beaten Kingsfall. A guy I worked with lead me, MechaTanuki, and a few DBOers hopped on just for the laughs. Our guide was like "yeah we can knock this our in a couple hours" We got to that Ogre battle where the challenge mode required everyone to hold an orb or something and we spent 6 hours trying to beat it. Except, I didn't realize he was trying to lead us through the challenge mode. UPon learning this, I yelled "wtf are we wasting all this time, I just want to beat this damn thing!" We made it to Oryx and everyone was too tired to continue.

That weekend everyone had that trace rifle in crucible. Aka, the only time the community, en masse, actually had fun in crucible.

Within the last year, my son got into Destiny and started teaching me how build my character and weapons. He's 10.

Destiny has been a great game, warts and all. Buuuutt...I'm definitely fatigued and ready to end it. I'm really hoping, at this point, they focus on making Marathon fun. No more deep lore. No more deep tuning/crafting. Just make it fun.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread