Destiny Awaits (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 03, 2024, 19:49 (22 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Before we turn that page, I would be grateful for some writ notes of this journey which we called Destiny. I am inviting all of us DBO'ers who played this game for any appreciable amount of time to speak of the experiences in-between. Good and Ill. Plus... what are you hoping to find, be it directly or indirectly, in the conclusion of the Light & Dark Saga?

I recall being filled with a sense of awe. Wonder. What was this new game like? What was the universe like? I wanted to know its secrets. This persisted in full through the alpha and the beta. I didn't know what I was doing or how to play the game really. Everything was new - an experiment in experience. A fire of burning curiosity. I would wander the cosmodrome, just to wonder what would be there when the game came out? I explored every meter of the map eager to immerse myself in this unfamiliar desert.

After the game came out, the flames began to flicker. The universe was still there… but what was revealed gave me doubt. It was the fear that had always lingered… Bungie didn't know what they were doing. It burned strong again in the Vault of Glass, and my blind run was perhaps one of the best experiences I've had ever in a video game. Certainly near the top.

The game kept getting in its own way. I had to work for my fun. I knew I was being played.I was the perfect mark. I tried to leave but didn't. Taken King and The Red War revitalized my curiosity. However, it was but a jolt to a heart that was slowly losing the will to beat. It was only a matter of time.

The world lost its sense of wonder. Only a sense of obligation remained. I left the tangled shores and never returned.

I wish to lay this game to rest. It is done. Someone else can give the eulogy. It simply took too much from me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread