I think the story is rushed (Fan Creations)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, March 07, 2023, 15:34 (418 days ago) @ Kermit

It's not over yet. There's ground to cover for the relationship. I'm reserving judgment.

Episode 9 is 43 minutes long. The final episode is the shortest one.

Ugh. Well, there's the Up example, right? I admit I was hoping for a return to episode 1's length, but a substantive amount of the content that remains is lotsa killin', and the show tends to leave that part out. We'll see. There better be a GD giraffe.

I think that’s part of the problem. Don’t get me wrong, we didn’t need extended combat every episode, but I genuinely don’t think we got enough of the trials and tribulations of Joel and Ellie, which is sort of the foundation of them growing together. As far as the show is concerned they had a leisurely stroll to Bill and Frank’s, then a nice drive all the way to Kansas City. They had an ordeal there, obviously, but then they made it all the way to Wyoming then from there to Colorado with zero resistance whatsoever. Logically we can fill in those gaps and assume they had some shit to deal with along the way, but having to assume it isn’t good enough when I’m supposed to believe they’ve been through hell and back together.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread