=VIII.INSANITY: Where is the logic?= (Fan Creations)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, April 03, 2022, 15:37 (725 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Why?

... Uuahho My head feels like it's spinning. What happe-

...  <_<

...  Where am I? >_>

Why?

... What do you mean, why? INSANEdrive; Where is this place? Where are we?

Just... why?

...  Oh heavens not again. FINE Why what? What are you talking about now INSANEdrive?

The most neglected part of Destiny the Game. 1,2,3,a,b,c. Why?

...  Wh-what? Oh shit, this is going to be a long one, isn't it?  Dang it INSANE, you know I hate this game.

Why?

...   Alright! I'll play along ya fuck'n weirdo, what do-you-think is... the-most whatever, neglected part of whatever, Destiny the Game? whatever.

OH! I'll get there. But first, can you answer the question "why"?

My, but you're so quiet.

...  INSANEdrive, you're talking to yourself!

WELL, DOESN'T THAT JUST ANSWER EVERYTHING!

If you've been a regular around these parts, you have come across my rants, my pleas, and my over all hope for logic. And so my prevailing question through out this segment is; where is the logic? 

In hopes of sparing you all, I'm going to try and not restate what I've said in the past, but simply point to it. Here is my thread titled "'My Vault' prevents playing Destiny". I wrote this at the beginning of this year, 2022. I mention in it a hope that something would be seen in Witch Queen, even as I knew that if there was, it was decided months in the past before I wrote one word of it. 

And yet, it was true then too. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that.And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that.And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that. And before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that.And before that, and before that, and before that, and before that, and before that.

But not before this. Destiny is a loot game. Destiny is a game with guns. Even then, in that development chaos, only one of those was done right. And it limps on into Destiny 2. Not fixed, but remedied. Do note that even with the vaulting, our vaults are STILL in-part stuck in 2018, That's over 3 years and 6 months. Or, to put that in "COVID time", 3 millennia and 6 centuries 'cus holy smokes does 2018 feel bygone.

Oh, and do note my mentioning of "in-part", as, while the vault space amount may have been increased, nothing else was changed about the Destiny 2 Vault. So, if you want to get really technical, add at least 356 days MORE to the real world time since there were any changes to our in-game Vault Methodology.

Shit, it's a wonder I feel anything at all.

...  <_<...>_>

...  Is... is that it?

...  So... all this is just about vault space, yet again?

No.

...  Then...?

The most neglected part of Destiny the Game. 

...  Yes, you've mentioned. But if this isn't abou-

I'm making a painting! 

...  Oh gee...

...  *Sigh*

...  A painting! Well! Tell ME MORE! Is this *feigned shock* a painting!

Oh MY GOSH! YES! How did you know-DON'T ANSWER THAT. You see, this next brush stroke is in the sub-thread "Have and Have-nots". This conversation happened in November of 2021. It starts out in protest of ability changes, but as the conversation evolves, we get this sub thread where I note the increase in granularity. About how more important build crafting is becoming. And then I say, in part;

We might not see all the necessary parts, "because game dev" I guess. By the time Witch Queen content drops if we haven't seen an update to build crafting implementation, I will stand along with you all torch in hand, bewildered.

True to my word, I stand here among you all, bewildered. And now I find myself with a problem; this is a... oh, my my, a VERY nice torch. Is that zebra wood? It would be a real waste of fuel to jump around with it. So instead, I, ever the artist, have decided to paint with my torch instead.

...  Oh. Kay.

...  (Whatever.)

...  So... what are you making?

A very tall post for starters.

...  Yes I noticed. Do you have a reason for all this?

*Full Body Nod*

...  So, uh, where are you going with all of this?

*Sigh*

Why isn't there a system to assist our playing of this game? IN GAME! IF IT'S IN THE API, WHY CAN'T WE DO THE EXACT SAME THING IN GAME! It's... moronic! Being able to do stuff outside the game IS COOL, but it should not be at the cost of the game and its usability. You know, THAT THING BUNGIE CLAIMS THEY CARE ABOUT! That's not totally fair but... I... shit I'm repeating myself, should not NEED to use a third party app to play this game.

Well, I guess that was going to sprout somewhere in this.

...  Can I, uh... can I leave? You're... worse than usual today. Gotta admit, you're kinda scaring me. I mean, I get it, you're "the crazy", heh — you go and do you. But, uh... this is kind of a lot.

Nu-Uhhh! This isn't like the macaroni incident. TO-TAL-LEE different. You'll see! There are reasons for *flails arms* all of this.

... Well, I guess it's not like I have a choice, so *Sigh*, fine. I'll bite.

YAY! 

...  So, you've referenced the vault, build crafting implementation, and your old rant about what you can do in-game and outside of the game. Why do you keep talking about this?

O_O

Well, that's just a dumb question. 

...  No no, I mean... ummmm, you'reee ultimately talking about usability, right? The ability to play the game with out the play of the game removing that ability?

... Uh, INSANE?

THEY SPENT a gosh darned year making a poll arm that doesn't even poll arm! Fuck.

...  INSANEdrive.

...  INSANEdrive.

... INSANEdrive!

WHAT! What.

...   This is about usability, correct? The ability to play the game without the play of, oh how did I say it? To play the game without that play... um, in turn, removing the ability to play the game. Or something like that. Basically, the more you play, the more you can't play. All the stuff that needs to be managed.

It's something like that. Ultimately, all this is about my question; where is the logic? 

...  You're ridiculous. Than why don't you just ask "Where is the logic in the Destiny 2s usability? Forgo, all of thi- Where are we?

Ahhhh, heh heh, *cough* *Breath* Because... I can't answer that. I can't answer that. And neither can the Devs. This is all just, madness. WE BROKE IT! IT WAS GOOD! And we broke it. But then the Devs broke it, and now... it's all sad

...  Reader. YEAH! I'm talking to you! WHY did you do this to me! Why did you grab the hand! You shouldn't of grabbed that hand. Now I'm stuck here, and I don't know how to get out. Bah! Like it matters. It looks like I'm stuck in some shitty plot. Problem is, I don't know where it's all coming from. It's really alarmingly empty in here. Where does all of this come from?

Who are you talking to? You sound C-R-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-AY-Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, heh-heh-heh.

Really? I sound crazy?! I'm FLOATING in WHO EVER KNOWS WHAT, and my companion seems like he's HIGHER THAN A MOON WIZARD! Dude, what is this all about?!?

*Chuckle*

*Sigh*

Oh! Heh heh heh, that's a QUESTION! A fair question. It's about... what we're not getting, I suppose. And my Spin-foil hat whispers that it's because BUNGIE WANTS it to be time consuming. Heh heh heh. But... Okay, so check this out. Did you click that link in "the vaulting"? IT'S OK! Even if you didn't, here is the jest. It's a Paul Tassi Destiny article about this Youtube video which all boils down to the reasons for the "Content Vault". Spoilers! It's because SOMEONE apparently felt that making a "Destiny 3" (at least so soon) would be pointless.

The headliner of it all being;

Luke Smith explained to the group the idea that Destiny was full of so many bugs and so hard to develop for because it essentially needed to be rebuilt. And that the purpose of the content vault isn’t just about saving hard drive space, it’s that these planets and activities are being rotated out of the game in order to be "rebuilt" in a way that suggests a new process or new engine, in order to be returned to the game later in a "better" form. 

SO! With everything in this game, with as big as this game is, Bungie is doing everything they can to make sure it isn't held together with spaghetti. For the sake of what we speak of, fine. Every time there is an expansion, CODE IS BEING UPDATED AND ADDED! Basically meaning that what we get in result could be called Destiny 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, and so on. That article was written in August of 2020. We've had a Beyond Light Update and now a Witch Queen Update, plus all the little tweaks in-between. 

The OLD vault is still shit. Untouched. Folks, it's not just about vault space! Even just an update to how you find stuff IN your vault would be a win. Give me a drop down so that if I select pulse rifles, I see all pulse rifles in my vault. SIMPLE SHIT! SIMPLE SIMPLE SHIT! It's all front-end! (As far as I know, anyway.)

But who cares about the old shit, right? Not that anyone uses it! I'M SO SILLY! It's all about "that new hotness" being made RIGHT NOW! I mean, technically it's the "pasts right now", with the witch queen and all being made then, but... hopefully you get it. For the time being, what debuted in Witch Queen is the new shit.

So here we are. A WHOLE NEW EXPANSION! Go Fast is more gone than not, and we are truly now in the age of the Mod System (there is a British joke in there somewhere). Not just in armor, but slowly in light/dark too. Age of the Build Crafter; armor, weapons and abilities. I reiterate, these choices of "what to make" are made months in advance. So if there is this push for this new-ish way to play through an emphsis in build crafting; WHERE IN THE FUCK IS THE FRAMEWORK FOR QUICK and EASY build crafting?! IN GAME! We know Bungie can do this stuff because IT WAS IN HALO: REACH! That's over a decade ago! We KNOW that this is the new intended way which Destiny is to be played. If that is so, WOULDN'T A FOUNDATIONAL FRAMEWORK BE SOMETHING YOU WOULD PUBLISH IN A NEW EXPANSION TO BUILD ON TOP OF!?

WHY WOULD BUNGIE NOT WANT TO MAKE THEIR GAME EASIER TO PLAY??! 

It's LIKE THE ONLY FUCKING LOGIC IN DESTINY, which is entirely built on the concept of LOOT is "why make a bridge, when you can just swim across?"

[image]

HERE! TAKE THIS D.I.M RAFT!

[image]

I can at least guess my answer, but, again, third-party apps should not be at the cost of the game and its in game usability. It boggles my lost mind to metaphorical tears. If I can do it with a third party, why can't I do it IN-GAME!? Y'ALL KEEP kicking the the CAN down the road, and it keeps building up gunk. It gets harder and HARDER to do, kick kick kick. Worse and worse.

I guess some dev is likely to say, "Oh, but the time we would use to build on this would be at the cost of other content to play. You'll literally be losing new content to play". To that end, I say, GREAT! FUCKING DO IT! Put it to a vote even, if you must. If you can waste a year making a pole arm become nothing more than a magic knife on a stick, you can spend a FAR OVERDUE year reinforcing the very FOUNDATIONS of playing your game. THE LOOT SYSTEM, and the MANAGEMENT of SAID LOOT. IT'S A WHOLESALE NEEDED part of the game Y'ALL BUILT. It's a LOOT GAME! There is going to be loot. So the faster we can finish, the faster we can go play. Make what is time consuming, not. FOR GOODNESS SAKE! Why can't I compare things without moving it all around? Right now, we can only compare ONE piece of kit with ONE other piece of kit AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME, and it has to be ON YOUR PERSON or you can't compare it! SHIT! BRILLIANT SYSTEM THERE FOLKS! This management shit Is SOOOOoooooOOO fun!  

oh but hey man you can do this in D.I.M

It ain't fun there either! Managing copious amounts of guns and whatever else isn't something I recall as advertised in the marketing material. GEE I WONDER WHY. But the worst part here folks... *Sad chuckle*... it never needed to be... *sigh*...it never needed to be like this. For all of this, they've been SITTING... Bungie has been seemingly sitting on the solution for years. It's already built into Destiny 2.

The Collections Tab

As the grizzled among us know, when Destiny 2 launched, there were no random rolls. The solution, of sorts, already existed. It was launched into the game. But then the community, or at least parts of it, cried out loud enough for the slot machine with RNG perks. And Bungie acquiesced to the request, making the collections system they had built... moot. But before random perk rolls to weapons (and armor) were implemented, Bungie said, or rather at the time, Investment Designer Matt McConnell said this in a Bungie Weekly Update, dated on 28th of June, 2018:

We don’t like keeping some items from experiencing the full Collections treatment, so we’re looking at a long-term solve for storing your exact perk rolls in Collections.

Exact perk rolls. Brother, I could not agree with you more... though I suppose the misspent textual emotion, or rather the continually purer expressions of pure bewildered confoundment, implies that. I wonder what happened, as we obviously did not get this, well over three years later. As a result, we, should you play enough to do so, find ourselves crushed under a false problem erroneously built, shoehorned into the systems around inventory. It seems to me that we, the fans, broke the plan. A hairline crack in the wall. But then, perhaps in ignorance of scope, or perhaps an over abundance of hope, it was decided that there was no need to make a Destiny 3, and so this hairline crack grows to this day. And while it doesn't explain why we don't at least have "a reach like system" to help us quickly select the builds we can make, it does help show the folly of all of this

But hey! What if! 

The first thing to keep in mind is that RNG Loot is nothing more than ability points you can lose. More so true now, as Bungie seeks to make guns the primary expression of your ability and in turn the paracausal powers we can wield, less.  

Imagine for a moment. Imagine if we had "no inventory," as collections would be our inventory. Even if it was just an odd half measure, which I'll get to in a moment, there would be far far less need for any of this crap squeezed into the loop to have fun in this game. Want a gun? Go into collections. Does it need to be an exact roll? You grab what you've saved/earned/built-up in collections, because this game lets you craft your fun. We're already moving that way in building guns, and hey! Even the artifact is in on the act. What about the light system? Well, I don't like the light system either, but one problem at a time. So, with it in mind, things drop in the game at light. That's your "loot". You infuse it into a weapon in your collections. Boom now all of those in that branch of weapon type in collections will always drop at that light. Yes, I know there are problems with that, but for the sake of the text, deal with it. The Light system has its own problems, which I can rant about another day. So, anyway, with this idea, you can't infuse collections drops, as I presume there has to be (even if I think it would probably be unnecessary,) some sort of "play the game to build the game" loop. What about armor? In a way, armor does have some sort of "collections" system built in with transmog, but armor is a different beast, for which I don't yet have a conceptual answer. As I said, "half measures," but I sure wouldn't mind suddenly having access to 500 slots for just armor. It would make builds a lot easier. But even if the collections concept only worked for weapons, what a boon! By freeing this game from its needless horseshit, by letting us build our fun and keep it, by letting this game be exactly that, a game- IT WOULD CHANGE THE GAME! Making and imagining up builds is a fun time-consuming task, but sorting through your loot and deciding what to keep and what to shard isn't fun at all. It's busy work. I just want to play the game man! Collections could have been the infinity pocket, before we all SNAPPED it away. It could have solved so many problems, and it has just... been forgotten. THEY DON'T USE IT! It's ALREADY IN THE GAME!

There is SO MUCH VARIETY that only grizzled veterans know. Brilliant fun hidden under needless stupid. HOW DO YOU JUSTIFY THIS?! HOW DO YOU JUSTIFY this status quo, for years. Wheres the "Director's Cut" about THIS kind of stuff, yeah?! I could go on, but honestly... I'm just so fatigued by it all, I just... I just... it hurts to think about.

[image]

...  Wow.

... That was, one Big 'ol wall of text. You've, uh, really been holding that in there, eh? A shame, I really hope that was cathartic for ya, because you know... nothing is going to change, you know that right?

*Grrrrrr.*

...And I just got growled at? This is my day.

... so INSANE, thank you for sharing your perspective, so... how do I get out of here? Is this like Alice in Wonderland? Mario 64? Do I need to jump into a painting, or what?

I remember when I was painting. Boy, did it make my fingers taste awful!

...  uhhhhhh, waaaa????

...  Uhhh, INSANE... are you ok?

This one time, I made this BIG BUTTERFLY! And then I gave it to my mommy. 

...  Oh?! Uh, INSANEdrive did you breath for ANY of that wall of te-

WAIT!

...  <_<

Do you hear that? I hear... voices. The keep saying the same thing AGAIN and AGAIN. WHY DO I HERE THEM?! It's like they are trying to berry their thoughts INTO MY BRAIN! Do you here those food steps?

...  "Berry"? "Here"? "Food steps"? Are those typos?

AAHHH! 

AHHHHH!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

WHY AM I AN IGUANA! I DON'T WANNA BE AN IGUANA!

... OK! Quick decision, I hope this works. *SLAP*

OW!

How did you do that?!

...  I don't know- but who cares-it worked. Let's just finish this.

Right! No, sure, you're right... where was I?

...   Honestly it felt like you were done to me, but ?I guess you have a reason for ALL OF THIS! So, eh, is there a magic word I need to say or something? No? Nothing? Fine, you were talking about... I think, about how a segregated portion of the game in both past and current systems has been affected by this game being so broken so many times, and as a result, things that should NEVER of been neglected have been neglected. They would be time consuming to implement, as the fix to allow such things would in themselves be time consuming to implement. A maintenance ouroboros, if you will. Thus that "can" keeps getting kicked down the road, building up gunk along the way-

Like managing the Vault Space? Comparing what you had drop with what you have already? Switching from one load out to another? Even creating builds in the first place? Those kinds of things?

...  sure, sure 

Did I mention how collections is and has been the easiest way to solve numerous problems with the-

...  -You did mention something about collections, please let me finish...

Oh, sorry, go on.

...     As I was saying, and as a result, most of the utilitarian portion of the game is so universally ignored that it seems to affect everything, INCLUDEING CHOICES, regardless of their age. New or old, just about nothing can be done, except build around it. I guess it's just a band-aid on top of another band-aid. You said that it seems like Bungie doesn't want their game to be easier to play, (but that's a bunch of crap) and that they WANT it to be time-consuming. Old or new, Vault or "Builds" organization, you implied that if it wasn't pure PvE content, it doesn't matter to Bungie, which again isss craaap... It seems to me that you're so distraught that you're having a hard time figuring out the "lack of logic" and, Oh!

What?

...     That was what you said was the main question. Where is the logic? OH! WAS THAT THE MAGIC PHRASE! I, feel something? AM I FREE NOW!?! *Pat* *pat* I FEEL SOMETHING! SOMETHING IS HAPPENING! Getting kind of dizzy...

Where is the logic? Hmmmm... Well, isn't that a fantastic question.

This isn't the first time Bungie has or has not, done things that in turn left me feeling basically empty, left with only my wonder. In those times too, from my very first "Mega Post" as I recall, it was all because of unfulfilled expectations. Not unreasonable, mind you, just unfulfilled. Made up. Basically nothing more but what you see here; a conversation with my self. He's OK. Bit of an occasional grump though. Not that I blame 'im sometimes.

ANYWAY!

With this topic, I can't help but keep mentioning it, and I feel like I'm going crazy

Again and again  and again, I speak about this. And it feels like I might as well be talking to myself! I can't help but keep mentioning it! I feel like I'm going crazy

#Paydirt #Formatting #WinkyFace #gutta cavat lapidem non vi sed saepe cadendo

(Did anyone here catch "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"?)

I've listed all the reasons I feel as I do, and I'm left wondering what else I should do. Can do. We're not Reddit, so we're not cool enough for a direct answer. And, by all odds, my post would be lost on reddit. (Shoot, some of you might be lost here :P)

I don't know what more I can do, short of writing a hard paper letter and sending it VIA snail mail. I've talked and ranted and rambled about this for far too long, much like the thing I've been ranting about. As it is, for far too long.

Bungie likes to talk about how much they love this game. PLAY this game. You know the shpeel. And I honestly don't know how they do it. It's crazy. Just... crazy. 

And shit, while we're at it, since all this will have to be planned MONTHS in advance, can we get a SEASON of PvP? NO PvE content. AT ALL. And I say that as a person who is all about PvE. It's... y'all been doing those PvP folks dirty for too long. What's that? Season 17? Is there anything about Vault Space?

Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results. ~Narcotics Anonymous

Just crazy. And I can't help but ask...

Why?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread