reclaim lost Co-op night (Recruitment)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 09:29 (3419 days ago) @ Warbow

It took me two hours to get Destiny started last night. As a result I missed out on completing the Nightfall.

I turned on my Xbox One at 8:30, the login to Live was really slow. When I put the Destiny disk in it would never get off the very first Destiny screen. I pulled the power cord on the One and tried again. Live login was fine, but it took about 5 minutes just to get the press A to play screen. After pressing A and being told I need to be connected to Live to play. I did another power brick reset.

After this reset, logged into Live and joined Kermit. I was still getting the must be connected to Live to play message. This is while I'm talking to people in the party app. Finally Destiny connects to the Bungie servers and promptly gives me the 76Mb update to download. I drop out of the party because I know this is going to take awhile.

After having the 76Mb update fail 3 times. I finally decided to turn my phone into a hot-spot and try the download through my phone. This works the very first time but by this time it is 10:30pm and everyone is done.

Long story short, anybody want to do the Nightfall with me?

http://destiny.bungie.org/ftb/189

Sorry that happened, friend. You can restart your Xbox by going to Settings > Power & Startup. Might work better than pulling the power cord.

I would help but I've got another commitment at 8:30, and I'm not 100% sure we can get it done by then. I'd hate to leave you high and dry.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread