Destiny Late Night Raid Party... Tonight?! [PS4] (Recruitment)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 09:08 (3543 days ago)

Hello everyone!

I posted last week about putting together a team to run through the Vault of Glass. Read my original post for details, but the main points are:

* I'm a 28 Warlock
* I can only play late at night (after 12:30am EST)
* I can't use my mic

Since posting last week, I have attempted the raid a couple times with randoms. Haven't made it through successfully, but I at least have a better idea of what I'm doing now.

So I'd like to go ahead and try running this with a group of not-randoms :) Would anyone be available tonight to give it a try? Again, I'd be available to start around 12:30 am EST.

My PSN ID is CruelLEGACEY. Feel free to send me a Friend Request if you're interested!

I'm up for it. PSN: ShadowOfTheVoid_

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 11:13 (3543 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

I can probably make it. PSN: Cyber-KN

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 15:18 (3543 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

We're about to do the Raid NOW! We need 3 players!

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 21:35 (3543 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Send a message to either ShadowOfTheVoid_, CruelLEGACEY, or Cyber-KN.

Raid accomplished!

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 23:38 (3543 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Thanks to everyone who showed up.

Destiny Late Night Raid Party... Tonight?! [PS4]

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, October 16, 2014, 08:36 (3542 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

As ShadowOfTheVoid already said, we cleared the Vault of Glass! Big thanks to everyone who joined.

This was my 3rd attempt at the raid, and my first successful completion. More than that, it was a really fun and exciting experience from beginning to end. My previous Raid attempts have been quite frustrating; brought down by poor coordination and sloppy play. Last night however, we were a well oiled machine.

There was plenty of clear communication happening, but what really surprised me was the natural groove we slipped in to as a team. We seemed to have great instincts as a group in terms of spacing out to create concentrated crossfires, good line of sight with each other, and plenty of support. We hit the sweet spot between spreading out enough to keep the enemy scattered, without anyone getting cutoff or stranded on their own. We played a great "zone" defense, each of us shifting or rotating to help when a teammate went down.

It was a great night. Can't wait to do it again!

[image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image]

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 16, 2014, 08:45 (3542 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, October 16, 2014, 08:59

There was plenty of clear communication happening, but what really surprised me was the natural groove we slipped in to as a team. We seemed to have great instincts as a group in terms of spacing out to create concentrated crossfires, good line of sight with each other, and plenty of support. We hit the sweet spot between spreading out enough to keep the enemy scattered, without anyone getting cutoff or stranded on their own. We played a great "zone" defense, each of us shifting or rotating to help when a teammate went down.

As great as this was, I've been compiling a video of raid bloopers, and last night sucked in that regard because none of us really messed up horribly :-p

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, October 16, 2014, 09:00 (3542 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I had a good laugh at myself when I fired my Nova Bomb from within the Relic bubble-shield during the final boss fight :)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 16, 2014, 09:08 (3542 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I had a good laugh at myself when I fired my Nova Bomb from within the Relic bubble-shield during the final boss fight :)

I was in the Gorgon Maze one time, and everybody had made it through and I was left. I told them not to worry since I was a hunter and could just cloak and make it. Even though I'd done it a dozen times, I started to get lost… I had no idea where I was. Everybody was waiting at the platforms. I simply could not get my bearings, and after about 3 or 4 minutes a gorgon spotted me as my cloak wore off, killing not just me, but everybody else (AS they were navigating the platform puzzle!).

Fortunately right when we all respawned, we all made it through as a group in one go.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread