What’s it like currently? (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, July 09, 2024, 16:29 (60 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I meant to watch a Final Shape play through but never made time to do so. I presume we defeated the Witness. So what’s it like now? What are the narrative stakes of the current season? I’m genuinely curious. The gameplay used to be enough for me, but I found myself only really playing seasons that were both narratively compelling and with a fun seasonal loop (the one with the Leviathan remains my favorite) over the last year or so that I played.

Yep. Last words were how it just didn't understand.

As a person who is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...ooo *cough* checked out on Destiny, first two weeks were odd as things kinda felt the same, but at the same time it wasn't. The adjustment to "what now" was an odd duck, in my purview.

We're about to hit Act 2 of 3. The burn is slower, the grind for light is practically nonexistent, and Prismatic is basically pink power creep, the subclass.

Despite how little I care, it's growing on me. It's like how Destiny 1 was unburdened, but with the age and content to know in some amount whats doing. I have no real investment in the story, and that's ok, just run around and make your builds and thing go boom. In fact, to me, the demands seem so lessened that, if I wasn't so checked out, I would be thrilled. It's honestly quite a shame that, but, there it is.

That doesn't mean that everything is a hit, mind you. I expect you would DESPISE the current rendition of the "Pathfinder" system which replaced bounties. But, it's also pretty easy to ignore.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread