The future of Destiny (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 07, 2024, 19:01 (62 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Don't misunderstand.

Destiny should just go out on a high note. Having Destiny's future be one where it's in the past IS moving on, looking forward to what's next for Bungie.

Let's walk away with fond memories rather than see it stretch beyond what's sensible. You all got ten years after all. I feel like that's enough.

Next time, lead with that.

And certainly, there may very well be some here who shall do just that. Step away, as one less voice. Or not, really doesn't matter actually, because it's DBO. This place is still a Destiny Fourm, much as HBO is a Halo Fourm, much MBO is... um, well, we'll see how that works out. Marathon 2.0 Baby! Or whatever it'll be called to differentiate that leap in time.

Regardless how you write it down, to declare as you do, it's reductive! Despite whatever your proposed well meaning in intention, what you present to the letter would be to basically shut it all down, based solely on the rigidity of your sensibilities. That is some Alexander Hamilton styled boldness that probably ends the same way, with a Burr in your heel, let's say. Socially speaking, someone is going to shoot you down.

Thanks Milk Ad! (I have no idea why this jumped into my head, but, well, here it is.)

In fact, it doesn't matter WHERE you are, it'll end the same. Here, Reddit, Discord... you're getting stuffed in a locker dude.

"I feel like that's enough." ... I'll admit, that made me chuckle. Like, not even an apology, it's wild.

Morals of the story (half of which written):

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread