Update to the update (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 10, 2024, 15:01 (109 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Okay. They stumbled at the 3/4 mark for me with the story. But MAN did they stick the ending. It’s beautiful.

And what’s the last thing you hear?

Music of the Spheres.

Yeah, that made me very happy. The triumphant part we never got in d1 was finally played.

Throughout the pale heart, the music has been great. There’s one medley that incorporates themes from about 6 expansions I could count. In addition to Lance, there’s a bitter-sweetness to the other people who contributed to this that are no longer at Bungie. I’m hoping they all landed in a place where they can still feel proud of their work on this.

I was very happy that the first piece of Destiny music ever released, Eighth, resurfaced just as they were releasing the lanterns. It remains one of my favorites, and was my wake-up alarm for many months.

The only distraction for me throughout has been Keith David through no fault of his own. He sounds like Keith David, who will always be the Arbiter to me. As I said to you the other day, I thought they could've found a talented voice actor who could reasonably mimic Lance Reddick. When I said that I was working under the impression that Nolan North was still doing Cayde, and I thought he really nailed it this time, but then I found out that Fillion was back! That said, I thought that Ikora (Mara Junot) sounded more like Gina Torres than she had before. So much so that I double-checked to if she had come back, too.

Back to Keith David, in the not-too-distant future Bungie will just use AI for such sad situations (with the family's permission).

Kerm

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread