FF7 Rebirth (Gaming)

by marmot 1333 @, Sunday, June 25, 2023, 18:36 (309 days ago) @ cheapLEY

the combat system is top tier.

I agree with this. I played FF13 and 13-2 and they got and deserved a lot of the bad-mouthing, but the battle system started to change in some important ways in those games, and the FF7R battle system seemed to be the best outcome of that. I did platinum the game but I had to look up strategies for some of the hardest battles.

I'm sure there's stuff I've missed when it comes to the differences in the story due to Sephiroth fucking around with Fate or whatever is even happening. I listened to some podcasts about that specifically, and had to read some story summaries of the original game, but, even without doing that, I think Remake stands on its own (and I can only assume the remake trilogy will stand apart after being complete).

I think I played FF7 on PC around 1998 or 1999. I didn't really understand the story at the time. I never played it again. (it's really long...)
I played FF7R in the fall of 2020. So in addition to the story being subtly different I had an extra element of fog of memory.

I liked it so much I bought and played Crisis Core Reunion as soon as I finished Remake. I can't wait for Rebirth.

I have never played Crisis Core or CCR. What did you think?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread