It's Rude to Suck at Warcraft (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 01, 2022, 08:30 (483 days ago) @ stabbim

The problem is that end game Destiny isn’t always designed around allowing any playstyle to work.

In your instance, for that build, your heavy weapon seems irrelevant. You’re not going to punch, sidearm, or scout rifle Atheon to death. Machine Guns suck for boss DPS, rockets are okay but lead to unnecessary suicides, so Linear Fusions are the default answer.

I won’t say you’re wrong for refusing to engage with that, but I won’t say that Destiny is completely wrong for asking for a more specific answer sometimes, either. I also understand the frustration of having loadouts dictated to you, because for most instances it’s kind of irrelevant. As long as you are using something that does reasonable damage, it’ll be fine.

I would say the reasonable compromise is to run your build for the ad-clearing parts of the encounter, but just use a Linear Fusion for boss DPS because what’s it matter? It’s not like anything else in that room needs the use of your heavy weapon, and since we’re all just going to be standing in a Well for DPS, any build considerations kind of become irrelevant.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread