Who cares? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, November 11, 2022, 15:07 (524 days ago) @ Korny

Oh, I’m not here to defend the quality of most Destiny content. Most seasons have been straight up bad and unfun with a few exceptions. There has never been an actually fun six person matchmade activity. They’re decent time-wasters at absolute best.

I just also happen to think people expect far too much from live game developers. Fortnite kinda set the bar, and they’re infamously worked into the ground for it. Bungie says they don’t do that. For whatever reason, I actually believe them. The Destiny we have now is partly the price of that. I just don’t think it’s currently possible to produce the quality and quantity of content people want and not run your team into the ground while doing it. I’d still give up the seasonal bullshit for a Taken King or Forsaken every fall. It’d be a far better value proposition.

But, at the end of the day, I still feel like I’m getting my money’s worth from my annual $100 deluxe edition purchase, but I’ll admit they’re getting close to the line there.

I just don’t think secret missions or puzzles are the thing that’s missing, although I can see why so many people think so. Destiny has been pretty rote for years now. The seasonal model seems to working for them, and there are things to like about it, but it seems like it has them stuck in a rut a little bit. There aren’t surprises any more. We now thoroughly understand the cadence of Destiny, and people missing secret stuff is a desire to see that routine change in some way. I agree with that desire, I just don’t think it has to be a secret thing. A season not built around grinding the main playlists so I can in turn grind the season playlist to then unlock the weekly mission would be enough.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread