Savathûn, I've Come To Bargain. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, November 07, 2021, 20:50 (894 days ago)

https://www.bungie.net/en/PGCR/9577619745?character=2305843009262800457

Well folks, I've really pulled off my namesake this evening. I successfully did it again, and it's only because I'm a Warlock main through and through. Always have been. It's just my jive like sweets and honey. And with this in mind, in this play, a quote from a certain Sorcerer Supreme played in my head. Again and again and again... which I present ever an edited fashion below.
---
INSANEdrive: Savathûn, I’ve come to bargain.

Savathûn: You’ve come to die. Your power is now my power.

["Korusk, Lightstealer of Savathûn" kills INSANEdrive; then we see the last few minutes being reversed to the checkpoint and INSANEdrive appears again]

Savathûn: You’ve come to die. Your power is now my… What is this? Illusion?

INSANEdrive: No, this is real.

Savathûn: Good.

["Tarusk, Lightstealer of Savathûn" kills INSANEdrive; INSANEdrive then comes back again]

Savathûn: You’ve… What is happening?

INSANEdrive: Just as you gave powers to your minions, I'm sharing with you a little power of mine. This is tenacity. Endless, reckless, tenacity.

Savathûn: You dare!

INSANEdrive: Oh this aga-.

[INSANEdrive is killed again]

Savathûn: You cannot do this forever.

INSANEdrive: Actually, I very much can. This is how things are now. You and me, trapped in this struggle, endlessly.

Savathûn: Then you will spend eternity dying. Endless suffering.

INSANEdrive: Mental anguish is an old friend.

[INSANEdrive is killed again and reappears again]

Savathûn: End this!

[Korusk or Tarusk, The Lightstealers of Savathûn, kill INSANEdrive over and over and INSANEdrive keeps appearing over and over]

INSANEdrive: Savathûn… Savathûn… Savathûn…

Savathûn: You will never win.

INSANEdrive: *Chuckle* Liar.
---

I've got more to say here, I can already feel the creative juices churning, but... em... you'll see.

Just in case the link above fails; As a lone wolf I tonight played Harbinger A.K.A "The One with Hawkmoon".

I died 47 times, most of which from the Twin Bosses.

I defeated 1204 Opponents, again most of which from the endless stream at the end. Of those defeats, 349 of them were melee kills. I'm surprised to see that there is no stat showing of how long I was in said activity. Fortunately Dungeon Report does, which shows that I was in this activity for 2h 46m. Sounds about right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chat later. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread