Some thanks, and early thoughts on DSC (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, November 01, 2021, 13:02 (878 days ago)

Kermit, you're the man. Thank you so much for finding folks who were willing to teach me through a new, difficult activity!

INSANEdrive, breitzen, Blazerunner, Kupkake, and Destroyo: you were all a joy to play with, and I hope to do so again in the future!

We were only able to make it to the third encounter after 3 hours or so. The raid seems geared to punish you if you’re not on top of the responsibilities your specific role demands, and even a little rustiness or a missed call can cause things to go real bad, real fast.

I don’t want to pass too much judgement on the quality of the play experience until I’ve seen the whole thing, but I have both positive and negative thoughts regarding the actual encounter design.

Aesthetically, the interior of the clovis-bray labs is gorgeous, like something out of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Playing with different lighting and theming for different areas of a combat arena was really neat to see.

I was planning on holding the checkpoint over reset like you used to be able to do in D1, but some cursory research seems to indicate that this little trick has been fixed in D2.

I’m looking to try again either this weekend or next; I’ll post an FTB event when I get my ducks in a row.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread