New Trials seems decent. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 10, 2021, 22:22 (958 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Korny, Friday, September 10, 2021, 22:32

Korny and I went in alone and got to four wins easily. We ran into a stream of bad luck consisting of matching with fairly good 3-stacks while simultaneously being graced with clueless teammates. We pushed through, though, and ended the night with something like 8 wins in 13 matches. That was enough for 7 rank ups, which was quite lucrative.

I think the switch in focus to winning rounds to get rewards was a good one. It takes some of the pressure off while also keeping the tension of trying to get to the Lighthouse, which makes winning games still matter. Even though we didn’t make it, it was also nice to feel like getting there was a realistic goal. We’ll see if that holds true in a month.

I do wonder what the general consensus will be, and I wonder if they overcorrected a bit. I genuinely don’t think so, but I ended the night with four weapons and three armor pieces, which is more than I’ve previously obtained total.

I do have to wonder if we will big populations for the first few weekends and then see a big drop as people get stuff they’re happy with and stop playing. I hope not, because, for the first time since the Trials of the Nine and I had genuine fun playing Trials.

I do like that even though we had to go in a couple more matches to get a Tier 2 pinnacle, the games are short enough that it wasn't such a daunting commitment. And being able to fill out our win card for even more rewards was icing on the cake. All things considered, it's an easy Pinnacle, and the fact that you're leveling multiple reputations at once (with a cheap way to Focus as well) makes it even more lucrative (we both had to reset Valor).

I really didn't feel stressed out for a single match, even the three-stacks, so I'm confident that the population won't drop so sharply (especially given how there doesn't seem to be a "Meta" outside of some people running Mythoclast, which isn't even all that broken to be honest.

Here's that bit from the one match where none of us died... Until that guy tried to shotgun you right at the end. :P

PS. We even got a rando to the Lighthouse! Who's next? :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread