New Trials seems decent. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 10, 2021, 22:01 (956 days ago)

Korny and I went in alone and got to four wins easily. We ran into a stream of bad luck consisting of matching with fairly good 3-stacks while simultaneously being graced with clueless teammates. We pushed through, though, and ended the night with something like 8 wins in 13 matches. That was enough for 7 rank ups, which was quite lucrative.

I think the switch in focus to winning rounds to get rewards was a good one. It takes some of the pressure off while also keeping the tension of trying to get to the Lighthouse, which makes winning games still matter. Even though we didn’t make it, it was also nice to feel like getting there was a realistic goal. We’ll see if that holds true in a month.

I do wonder what the general consensus will be, and I wonder if they overcorrected a bit. I genuinely don’t think so, but I ended the night with four weapons and three armor pieces, which is more than I’ve previously obtained total. I do have to wonder if we will big populations for the first few weekends and then see a big drop as people get stuff they’re happy with and stop playing. I hope not, because, for the first time since the Trials of the Nine and I had genuine fun playing Trials.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread