I question the validity of that assertion. (Criticism)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 07:11 (2114 days ago) @ stabbim

I think it depends how you read it. It's absolutely true that it's possible to judge the quality of a product without knowing every step of what went into making it. Reviewers of pretty much all consumer goods do it every day. So, IMO, it's not entirely unreasonable to look at other games which have done similar things and think that perhaps Bungie should have been able to pull it off, too.

BUT, that's not exactly what's being discussed here. We already KNOW that D2 has this shader situation. One way or another, it got out the door with only single-item delete. That's a fact. The thing that's being questioned is how easy it should be to CHANGE it, now that the game's out in the wild. I'm not sure that any of us actually has the information necessary to determine that.

Well put. And I question every single person who assumes that it's an easy fix. And it all depends on how a developer decided to program it into their game. A good example is why it's so easy to change an air filter on one car, but you have to pull the engine out to replace it on another car.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread