Darkness was bad, now it's gone, coming back someday. (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, June 15, 2017, 16:38 (2529 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

I know what I'd like to say to Bungie ... but I like their dumb game. For now that is.

I think Ghaul looks stupid too.

It seems pretty obvious that Bungie is aware of the flops that Destiny had and is addressing them. Not by fixing what was broken but by completely rebuilding from scratch. So yeah, we don't get to carry over our character, we aren't going to get some existing features. It happens. Multi-game carry-over is not a standard thing. When you consider what D1 was, it was SUPER ambitious. Think of it as an experiment. Just because you don't get the result you were expecting doesn't mean it failed. You learn from the result and make another attempt. That's what they are doing, and it seems they are pretty excited about it this time.

And Ghaul is totally rad. So far, he is pure villain cheese and that is great. Why does everything have to be so serious and deep all the time? He is basically the Prophet of Truth but can carry out orders himself! I'm just waiting for him to say:

"You are, all of you, vermin. Cowering in the dirt, thinking... what, I wonder? That you might escape the coming fire? No. Your world will burn until its surface is but glass! And not even your [SPEAKER] will live to creep, blackened, from its hole to mar the reflection of [MY] passage; the culmination of [MY] Journey. For your destruction is the will of the gods! And I...I am their instrument!"

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread