When did the latest news get there? -->

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, March 04, 2013, 05:59 (4102 days ago)

[insert "what front page?" joke here.]

by Claude Errera @, Monday, March 04, 2013, 07:34 (4102 days ago) @ Kermit

I added it yesterday, between the painting of two rooms.

I'm tired of painting. :(

Well, you could always...

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, March 04, 2013, 09:04 (4102 days ago) @ Claude Errera

by Arithmomaniac ⌂ @, Monday, March 04, 2013, 12:23 (4102 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Next time you tire of painting, please add it to table view also.

While I'm on a roll, a couple of other wishes:

• An "underline" text option
  • Change the HTML title of the page to "DBO Forums" instead of "destiny.bungie.org"
  • Front-page post content as preview bubbles next to the titles (Not expecting this one.)

Thanks,
Arithmomaniac

by Claude Errera @, Monday, March 04, 2013, 14:42 (4102 days ago) @ Arithmomaniac

Next time you tire of painting, please add it to table view also.

Weird - how useful is it all the way at the bottom of the page like that?

I can see if I can figure out where that's being built, and add the newsblock.

While I'm on a roll, a couple of other wishes:

• An "underline" text option
  • Change the HTML title of the page to "DBO Forums" instead of "destiny.bungie.org"
  • Front-page post content as preview bubbles next to the titles (Not expecting this one.)

Underline already exists - you just have to write it in yourself. (u and /u)

Good call on the name change. Adjusted.

It's good you're not expecting that last one. ;)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, March 04, 2013, 16:14 (4102 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Is there any other non-button-having markup we should know about (or some place we can look it up)?

by Claude Errera @, Monday, March 04, 2013, 16:23 (4102 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Is there any other non-button-having markup we should know about (or some place we can look it up)?

You got me - I only knew there was underline because I tried it.

Strike-through is confirmed as not working

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, March 04, 2013, 16:30 (4102 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

lol - is now

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 04:26 (4101 days ago) @ ZackDark

See?

lol - is now

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 05:46 (4101 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It doesn't work for me. ;_; Or at least it doesn't show when I preview it. Lemme try this out...

<strike>See?</strike>

lol - is now

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 05:48 (4101 days ago) @ CaneCutter

Works for me using "strike" but not "s" in the bbcode tag

lol - is now

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 06:15 (4101 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Amidoinitrite?

I see that I must use brackets instead of these --> <> , eventhough though it shows the html guys in the source code. Thanks!

- CC

lol - is now

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 06:34 (4101 days ago) @ CaneCutter

Oh, yeah. We're all BBCode in this Brave New World of DBO. I definitely miss the freedom that was afforded by HTML, but I'm sure limiting us to certain BBCode tags makes the management of the forum easier (and less exploitable - take that, BOLL)

;-)

lol - is now

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 12:34 (4101 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Sneaky little tag!

That's why I was completely incapable of making it bend to my will it wasn't working.

lol - is now

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 19:13 (4101 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Cool, would it be too much to ask for underline and strike-through to get buttons, for the sake of accessibility and completeness? I see W-- uh, the Other Elder is short on time so I don't expect it to get done that way any time soon (if indeed it gets done, it's not vital).

by Arithmomaniac ⌂ @, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 11:51 (4101 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Weird - how useful is it all the way at the bottom of the page like that?

I can see if I can figure out where that's being built, and add the newsblock.

Not much yet, but I'm a stickler for parity.

Any chance you could make the two boxes side-by-side? (For example, by creating an invisible table and dropping each item into a cell)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 12:49 (4101 days ago) @ Arithmomaniac

Any chance you could make the two boxes side-by-side? (For example, by creating an invisible table and dropping each item into a cell)

It's possible - but not in the near future. :( My free time just dropped from 'a bit' to 'none for the forseeable future'. Sorry.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Monday, March 04, 2013, 13:28 (4102 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I added it yesterday, between the painting of two rooms.

I'm tired of painting. :(

Jeeze, Claude. You should've just hired someone to paint and then you'd have more time to give us important things.

lol

by Claude Errera @, Monday, March 04, 2013, 14:38 (4102 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread