Water cooler (DBO)

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Wednesday, April 17, 2024, 09:52 (14 days ago)

It's well known that groups of men can occupy themselves for hours just by naming sports players from 10-30 years ago, with little to no additional commentary. I think we can do the same for b.org posters.

I'll start: Red Loser. People forget about him but that guy could post.

Water cooler

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 17, 2024, 09:57 (14 days ago) @ Schooly D

It's well known that groups of men can occupy themselves for hours just by naming sports players from 10-30 years ago, with little to no additional commentary. I think we can do the same for b.org posters.

I'll start: Red Loser. People forget about him but that guy could post.

CruelLegacy. He danced a lot before he could talk on mic. Key member of the Flawless Raider team. Legend.

Do you remember...

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, April 17, 2024, 10:43 (14 days ago) @ Schooly D

So there I was minding my own business and a fight breaks out!

The deets are a little fuzzy in my head, but Rickatron and HiFlyinPig git into an ugly scrap. Slurs, name calling, a real donnybrook.

A little bit of excitement for a dreary day, but what I didn't see was Badmin steppin up to the plate.

The guy's a ghost, the grim reaper, the man in black. I didn't even believe the account existed, but it didn't matter what prayers I said on Sunday, he was there all the same.

I'd love to tell ya they went out like prize fighters, but it was some biblical shit. Scorched earth, pillar of salt, gnashing of teeth, and a collect call to my mother to pick me up from school early.

Devastating.

Donnybrook, helluva poster

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Wednesday, April 17, 2024, 11:02 (14 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

Somewhere, RockSlider is editing a Halo CE video

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, April 17, 2024, 11:11 (14 days ago) @ Schooly D

- No text -

And in the distance, an SEspider shirt is being listed…

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 17, 2024, 13:06 (14 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

$55 and the full canvas off your back

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, April 17, 2024, 14:04 (14 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

I know where.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, April 20, 2024, 12:44 (11 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Water cooler

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Wednesday, April 17, 2024, 16:07 (14 days ago) @ Schooly D

I'll never forget Wouis Lu.

Stephen Loftus

by Coaxkez, Wednesday, April 17, 2024, 17:20 (14 days ago) @ Schooly D

For many years, the Halo fan community’s closest equivalent to a DK reference book.

Legend, total hoss

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Wednesday, April 17, 2024, 19:09 (14 days ago) @ Coaxkez

- No text -

Stephen Loftus

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 18, 2024, 12:14 (13 days ago) @ Coaxkez

My PAX roomie, Halofest comrade-in-arms, amazingly kind (even by Canadian standards). One quality dude.

car15

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, April 17, 2024, 21:48 (13 days ago) @ Schooly D

- No text -

Leviathan

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, April 19, 2024, 15:19 (12 days ago) @ Schooly D

This ring will make us brothers

Top ten poster in his division, definitely

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Friday, April 19, 2024, 17:47 (12 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Leviathan

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, April 20, 2024, 11:36 (11 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I still have that shirt.

Leviathan

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, April 20, 2024, 12:41 (11 days ago) @ bluerunner

I still have that shirt.

That shirt made us brothers at Halofest. It was like the best ever class reunion for people who had, for the most part, never met.

The spambot trying to sell knockoff shoes was pretty cool.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, April 19, 2024, 18:48 (12 days ago) @ Schooly D

- No text -

HA! +1

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, April 20, 2024, 07:37 (11 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

+1

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, April 21, 2024, 07:43 (10 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Pfft! Funkmon. lmao

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, April 21, 2024, 13:04 (10 days ago) @ Schooly D

DBO made Destiny 1 (more) fun, but Funkmon made it funny. 🤣 He would pick a subject, like the lore, or a gameplay mechanic, or a weapon he was thinking of, or even something that happened to him that day, and he'd just pick that subject apart and have me busting up with laughter.

I still remember when he showed me and Stabbim that rock that Bungie (very poorly) placed on that dead Guardian at the Temple of Crota entrance...I overreacted as I always do—but I was hollering for a good half-an-hour while Stabbim literally couldn't breathe.

It was always hilarious playing with Funk.

That's a lot of extra commentary

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 22, 2024, 01:05 (9 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

There's always one participant who needs to tell a story

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Monday, April 22, 2024, 13:24 (9 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Only Bluerunner stories for me, pls.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, April 22, 2024, 14:40 (9 days ago) @ Schooly D

- No text -

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 19:02 (7 days ago) @ Revenant1988

New Years Eve a couple of years ago. I have been doing the fireworks for Gatlinburg, TN for July 4th and NYE. I build a bunch of panels with pyro attached that I mount up and down the sides and top of the Space Needle. We're talking tens of thousands of dollars worth of custom pyro. The show is pre-programmed and everything is wired to control modules I mount in the fire escape and one elevator shaft.

I do multiple checks of my equipment after setup. All was good. It gets close to showtime so I take my spot perched in the fire escape midways up the tower. Tens of thousands of people below me. News stations with cameras set up around, looking up at me. A band is playing in a parking lot below me.

10 minutes to midnight I key on my remote and arm everything. Everything shows connected. All good. I carefully set my remote down on the fire escape stairs and listen to the band

1 minute to midnight. The ball they drop on a wench from the observation deck is passing me. The band wraps up and everyone is cheering. All eyes on the tower.

I look down at my remote on the stairs to pick it up. It suddenly goes blank. All lights off. Dead.

I grab it and shake it. Nothing. I key it off and back on. It flickers and dies. I keep doing this, but it keeps dying. Then it do it again and get a low battery warning. Impossible. These are brand new batteries and I did the system check with them.

I reach in my pocket for backup batteries. None there. I realize they're in my toolbox, 400 steps above me.

Crowd is getting louder. The ball is almost there. 20 seconds? I can't see the clock from my position. I'm desperate. This is a disaster.

Then suddenly, a thought hit me. When my TV remote batteries are low, I open the cover and roll them. Sometimes that works. I rip the cover off the back and furiously rub the batteries. I flip it over and turn the key. It starts booting up! I hear numbers being shouted below. I still have to rearm it. A second boot sequence. Come on. Come on. We're almost there. Countdown is going.

The crowd reaches 1 and then it's midnight. I mash the trigger button on the remote. Explosions race past me up the tower. Then I hear stuff on the roof firing. It worked!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 25, 2024, 07:48 (6 days ago) @ bluerunner

That's a good one! Batteries are always on hand now I bet.

You Would've Hated It. lol

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 23, 2024, 15:45 (8 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 12:51 (7 days ago) @ Morpheus

I remember Cody as a fun teammate, and not adverse to commentary or chatting. Unlike Funk, Cody was not an intentional griefer.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 13:23 (7 days ago) @ Kermit

No, just unintentional. We all have our share of silly blind raiding deaths, but Cody continuously jumping in the death water in the dogs Leviathan encounter still really sticks in my memory for some reason, even if only really happened like three times.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 14:36 (7 days ago) @ cheapLEY

No, just unintentional. We all have our share of silly blind raiding deaths, but Cody continuously jumping in the death water in the dogs Leviathan encounter still really sticks in my memory for some reason, even if only really happened like three times.

Ha! That was the joke. I have memories of watching their flawless VoG attempts, but yeah, at a certain point you get the stink, and everyone starts giving you advice.

One more blind raid, cheapLEY. Just sayin'.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 25, 2024, 07:59 (6 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I have no recollection of this whatsoever. Fake news.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread