That big Destiny showcase sure was, uh... something right? (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:03 (251 days ago)
edited by Korny, Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:08

Haha. Yup. The Traveler being the DCV was unexpected, but in a way, not surprising.
Anyway, Crota's End! That looks like fun, right? Who wants to give that a run when it drops?

That big Destiny showcase sure was, uh... something right?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:22 (251 days ago) @ Korny

Haha. Yup. The Traveler being the DCV was unexpected, but in a way, not surprising.
Anyway, Crota's End! That looks like fun, right? Who wants to give that a run when it drops?

What is DCV? I only got to watch about 20 minutes over lunch and it was the same thing that's been said every single time. Fireteam builder this, make things accessible that, so much good content that people aren't playing, boop.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:23 (251 days ago) @ ManKitten

What is DCV?

Destiny Content Vault.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:22 (251 days ago) @ Korny

I liked when they said anyone would be scaled up to 5 under power for dungeons and raids.

Take out the raid boss with all your blues!

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 13:51 (251 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Why the half step? I genuinely don’t understand why they don’t just get rid of power level altogether at this point.

There’s nothing they could do to get me to play again, but reading a summary on reddit, it all sounds pretty good, honestly.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 14:51 (251 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Why the half step? I genuinely don’t understand why they don’t just get rid of power level altogether at this point.

Because for a lot of people, seeing those numbers go up is a huge motivator, and a big part of the game's enjoyment.

I'm pretty excited

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 08:31 (250 days ago) @ cheapLEY

There’s nothing they could do to get me to play again, but reading a summary on reddit, it all sounds pretty good, honestly.

A large portion of my friend group don't play because it's a barrier to playing trials. Frankly, I haven't played for a couple months and hopped on to raid and thanks to the fact that the power cap didn't increase I was able to raid AND barely scrape by in Trials (still got to the lighthouse), which just wouldn't have been possible if the power climb kept going while I wasn't playing.

I saw that they said they're going to "experiment" with doing fireteam power in Trials and I just want to say...

JUST DO IT

And now for my domb take.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 15:48 (251 days ago) @ Korny

Note: I didn't ACTUALLY watch it entirely, per say, merely smuggled the audio. And I'm writing this from memory of said audio. That said...

• Why did they tell us the Tower was in it? It's so... STUPID. It's like, "Oh I can't wait for y'all to be so surprised" FOLKS YA DIDN'T THINK THAT OUT ALL THE WAY THOUGH, DI'JA!?

• Well holy crap, they finally made the promise of Bladedancer not hot trash. I dig it. Solar Warlock, is nice too, but... *sigh*, we already have Sunbracers at home. And yeah, I know I know, not one self revive to be found. ;_; or Shatter Nova.

• [MEME] *NomNom* Oh that's... interesting, they gave Titans a Shield using the Warlock Mechanic with grenades, but it's a shield, so that's ok, that's cool...

*And then based on that damage, you let go and it creates a Void blast"

*SPITS FOOD* YOU hahabadwords DID WHAT!?!?! You GAVE TITANS A SHIELDED HANDHELD SUPERNOVA!?!?!

• Eris gets to be a Hive god? I mean... I get it. Seems legit, but... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. That said, we better see some "Godzilla vs. Mothra" parity, otherwise what's the point? Eh, I know, it's going to be something else... bleh.

• Does Zero still play? I need to see him kick Crotas ass, if not for old times sake.

• Heh. "Revolutionary". Or something of such Marketing Buzz Nonsense. I'm pretty sure "episodic" content isn't much anything new, but hey, if they get to three, that's a win, right. ;D

And, that's all I remember right now. I'll watch it at some point and no doubt add more of my needless take on all of this who-ha.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread