Warden’s Law needs converted to Strand, a la Guiding Sight (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, July 26, 2023, 12:12 (278 days ago)

Thread of Isolation would push it pretty far up in the list of hand cannons by usage. Reaching the severing burst threshold in half the time would make for some great meme builds at the very least, and it’s difficult to imagine it skewing PvP.

<3
~m

Warden’s Law needs converted to Strand, a la Guiding Sight

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 27, 2023, 16:49 (276 days ago) @ Malagate

Thread of Isolation would push it pretty far up in the list of hand cannons by usage. Reaching the severing burst threshold in half the time would make for some great meme builds at the very least, and it’s difficult to imagine it skewing PvP.

<3
~m

I know zero of these words.

Dang… what am I doing here?

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Sunday, July 30, 2023, 13:58 (274 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Did you watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv8NgggCCZ4

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, July 30, 2023, 21:48 (273 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Nope, but I did reach out to him and answer his questions. I don't really need to see it; I know the story.

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Monday, July 31, 2023, 03:26 (273 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Nope, but I did reach out to him and answer his questions. I don't really need to see it; I know the story.

Not as bad as you probably think, the worst part is he thinks HBO is official Bungie. Drove me nuts.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 31, 2023, 05:47 (273 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Not as bad as you probably think, the worst part is he thinks HBO is official Bungie. Drove me nuts.

I watched this when it was new and that stuck out to me too, and it really colors the rest of the video (which I also remember thinking was poorly done in general). If he’s not smart enough to know HBO is Bungie, how can I assume any of the rest of it isn’t horseshit? If someone can’t even get easily verifiable facts correct, why would I care about or believe anything else they have to say?

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Monday, July 31, 2023, 09:30 (273 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I watched this when it was new and that stuck out to me too, and it really colors the rest of the video (which I also remember thinking was poorly done in general). If he’s not smart enough to know HBO is Bungie, how can I assume any of the rest of it isn’t horseshit? If someone can’t even get easily verifiable facts correct, why would I care about or believe anything else they have to say?

Well supposedly Goatrope told him the whole story, I think this guy just isn't very knowledgeable about the game or community.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 31, 2023, 09:36 (273 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)
edited by cheapLEY, Monday, July 31, 2023, 09:40

That’s my point. Why should anyone care about what he has to say? He’s not involved with the community, he’s not knowledgeable about the subject matter, and he failed to do even the most basic level of fact checking. It’s not well-written or well-presented or well-edited. He’s just repeating a story someone told him.

I’m not even talking about whether it’s true or not—I don’t care about that either way. It’s just not a well done video in any way I can see, and I kinda wonder what the point is for him specifically doing it. Why put in the effort to make such a video when then just half-ass the whole thing?

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Monday, July 31, 2023, 10:34 (273 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That’s my point. Why should anyone care about what he has to say? He’s not involved with the community, he’s not knowledgeable about the subject matter, and he failed to do even the most basic level of fact checking. It’s not well-written or well-presented or well-edited. He’s just repeating a story someone told him.

He seems like a nice enough kid but, just something about his speech cadence is really off-putting. And not to be mean... he doesn't seem super bright. Probably not a great researcher.

I’m not even talking about whether it’s true or not—I don’t care about that either way. It’s just not a well done video in any way I can see, and I kinda wonder what the point is for him specifically doing it. Why put in the effort to make such a video when then just half-ass the whole thing?

I can only speculate about all that, but taking a quick look at the channel he seems to really like Halo. So perhaps he's just new to it?

As Grizzled Ancients, it might seem like obvious info to us. Noobs however probably aren't going to find out about HBO most of the time. I discovered it from CE's credits, but those were removed from MCC.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 31, 2023, 10:55 (273 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

I had the same experience watching this as I've had with every news story where I've been involved in the slightest way, whether quoted (never correctly) or present for the actual event. There is almost always a basic thing that is wrong and gives the wrong impression.

Read the news, but be open to the possibility that it is wrong. Never assume you have the "whole story." Reality is always more complex and nuanced.

HBO: Now with 0.00% More Bungie!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, July 31, 2023, 18:23 (272 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

LOL. I'll spare us all the front page joke, but...truly, it bewilders me that this error is even remotely still possible. I just can't help but laugh, it's just so patently absurd. Like... if I use a search engine right now for Halo Bungie Org I get... "HBO: Home of Genghis Wu, Khan of the East" as the cached title.

Yep. That sounds like Bungie alright. Who can forget that Bungie Classic! lol lol

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, August 01, 2023, 11:17 (272 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

"HBO: Home of Genghis Wu, Khan of the East" as the cached title.

'Member endlessly refreshing the home page just to see the headlines and corner images?
and 'member people always asking Claude for a list of all the titles and images and he was always like "No! grumble grumble scattered through the universe grumble grumble too many tubes grumble"

'memmmbeeeeeeer?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 01, 2023, 12:05 (272 days ago) @ ManKitten

'Member endlessly refreshing the home page just to see the headlines and corner images?
and 'member people always asking Claude for a list of all the titles and images and he was always like "No! grumble grumble scattered through the universe grumble grumble too many tubes grumble"

'memmmbeeeeeeer?

'member uploading to mythica because youtube didn't exist?

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Tuesday, August 01, 2023, 16:17 (271 days ago) @ Cody Miller

All that Halo history, lost in time, like tears in rain...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 01, 2023, 16:25 (271 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

All that Halo history, lost in time, like tears in rain...

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Boll's modded Pelicans on fire off the shoulder of Halo. I watched CRTs glitter in the dark at a LAN near Bethany Connecticut.

+1

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 01, 2023, 19:21 (271 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Sorry, I Just Had To...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, July 28, 2023, 19:16 (275 days ago) @ Malagate

No, I'm sure that that was good information, but it has been a super long while since I've played. And Hand Cannon was the only words that didn't need translating to me. ;-p

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread