I made a thing. (And it involves Arcstrider.) (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, November 11, 2021, 11:01 (868 days ago)

Late last night I was stealthily on for an hour or so playing Mayhem. Good times, and alot more kills of Titans in their bubbles. I've always wanted to make some Arcstrider "montage" type thing, and for some reason last night while just playing my brain made it's mind up and said "clip everything you can and see what happens".

Here it is. No planning what so ever, just... what I had to work with shooting from the hip. It's not the most polished thing I've ever made, but it has good bones methinks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheers.

I like it.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, November 11, 2021, 12:15 (868 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I wish I could manage that class. Some of those clips, I was like "yeah, I could do that." And then that Arcstrider vs Dawnblade on Cauldron clip showed up, and I realized it's pretty much completely out of my league.

Nice work!

Very nice!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, November 11, 2021, 16:00 (868 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I made a thing. (And it involves Arcstrider.)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, November 11, 2021, 17:04 (868 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I don't play as a Hunter, so it's hard to judge what I'm looking at or if it's difficult/easy to pull off, but I liked your composition and editing!

Thanks all! ^_^

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 12, 2021, 18:30 (867 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Claude Errera I wish I could manage that class. Some of those clips, I was like "yeah, I could do that." And then that Arcstrider vs Dawnblade on Cauldron clip showed up, and I realized it's pretty much completely out of my league.

Nice work!

Well, remember (as if I'd let anyone forget for all I gab about it,) for most of my play time as a Hunter in Destiny 2 I've been almost exclusively playing as an Raiden-Flux Arcstider. In fact, I don't think I really played anything much else in the hunter class until Bungie changed the bottom tree knife to one hit head shot. So at this point playing this class is 2nd nature, and I don't even have to think anymore. I'm more just feeling. I say this as I have to admit, I'm kinda surprised to the call out, as this sort of thing actually feels kind of normal to me. Only reason it's here is "the need for content" in making this. Conventionally I wouldn't have clipped this. So... I find that interesting.

Arcstrider is currently unique as far as roaming supers go, as part of using it competently is remembering (the currently few) combos you can pull off with it, and how much power or speed each move brings.

Also, while I'm speaking of this... BRING BACK MIDAIR SPIN BUNGIE YOU COWARDS!
(Some combos did not survive the Beta.)

CyberKN: I don't play as a Hunter, so it's hard to judge what I'm looking at or if it's difficult/easy to pull off, but I liked your composition and editing!

Yeah! I'm going for a "How it feels to" angle, and I have all sorts of ideas with all the classes. Glad to see my impromptu test run was so well received. :)

Archival: "" CUTTING ROOM FLOOR Edition

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, November 14, 2021, 18:56 (865 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Hi there!

So as I mentioned in the OP, I made an impromptu montage type thing on a whim. In particular I'm going to call out "No planning what so ever, just... what I had to work with shooting from the hip". For those of you not in the know, when you create a video, make an edit, proper protocol has one do so with "binning" in mind. In other words, the organized creation of folders and root resources to pull from for your edit, lest you find yourself at some point with some dreaded variant of "Media Not Found" displayed in the save file.

I didn't do ANY of that.

Pulled the content from where it lay. I had fully intended for the content generated by my playthroughs to be deleted after words, but frankly with the rat nest of different folders and drives I'm pulling from, I've kind of forced my hand on the measure. So, it's all getting gutted, but not before having a touch more fun with it.

And so I present...

"Archival: "Some [Arcstrider] Poetry" #0.1 CUTTING ROOM FLOOR Edition"

It's a number of things. First thing is fairly obvious; it includes all the clips I didn't (or couldn't) include under the time imposed upon myself. (Wanted to keep it nice and short. Full song I used is a little over 8 min long.) Second thing is the, more or less, full clips of what I did use. Any place where there is an edit wasn't going to be used, by all odds anyway. And Third? Ah, I had some fun, even if at some point I'm OVERLY silly. Whatever.

So there you have it... CONTENT! BEHOLD!

Cheers.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread