6-21 MailSack

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:13 (3983 days ago)

It already hit the front page, but I wanted to pick out a couple quotes that struck me.

From urk

By the time we got to E3, we were already intimately familiar with the gameplay demo. We’d stopped and smelled all of the dandelions, Parkoured all of the buildings, and spent countless hours just drinking in the sights and sounds of Old Russia.

The Mirror's Edge fan in me got a little too excited at that one. Perhaps I'm reading into it too much...

And from DeeJ

People say a lot, don’t they? The Internet is a big place, abundant with theory and speculation of every flavor. Safeguard yourself against spoilers and rumor, my friends. If you didn’t hear it on the Bungie Blog, it ain’t nuthin’. We’ll tell you all about the Vanguards, and how you can become one of them. You’ll learn the truth right here. Someday.

I don't remember if this was explicitly confirmed before now, but it's good to know.

And, as always, it's awesome hearing from the rest of the team, and that they're even more excited than we are. Keep it up guys!

6-21 MailSack

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:16 (3983 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Deleted my thread to cause less confusion!

Very much liked the Vanguard comment.

Also liked this quote:

The first time you go from one place to another, you're going to be amazed.
-Chris Butcher, Senior Engineering Lead

6-21 MailSack

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:21 (3983 days ago) @ Xenos

You failed. I was quite confused when I tried to reply to it and was told it didn't exist…:)

Haha, sorry! :)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:22 (3983 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

6-21 MailSack

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:32 (3983 days ago) @ Xenos

Deleted my thread to cause less confusion!

Heh, I was about to do the same, but I got a phone call right after I posted. I tip my hat to you sir for your forum decorum.

Also,

:) Spaceships?

The Vanguard

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:16 (3983 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I'm starting to think that Vanguard is some sort of incentive or program. Bungie seems notorious for teasing things on their company shirts and all those Vanguard tees at E3 gave me the impression of something other than just a player class.

It's the City's cricket team

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:17 (3983 days ago) @ Grizzlei

They play against the Fallen once a week

Rugby FTW

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:36 (3983 days ago) @ Xenos

And I'm not even that familiar with the sport

TITANS vs Cabal, Smackdown on Mars

The Vanguard

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 12:00 (3982 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I'm starting to think that Vanguard is some sort of incentive or program. Bungie seems notorious for teasing things on their company shirts and all those Vanguard tees at E3 gave me the impression of something other than just a player class.

Does anyone else find it interesting that the Vanguard has two logos associated with it? I have multiple hypothesis for such, one of which being two classes - one of charge of those in the city and one of those in charge out of the city.

It also could be clever wording and we are all Vanguards - though that idea is built from the aforementioned.

If it was to be some type of contest - perhaps the actions of these individuals who "win" will effect how we play destiny for the first few months - or something like that. Have an deeper impact on the actual game then would had otherwise.

I'm sure we will be getting phone-calls from a payphone in a field in Montana telling us all about it. :P

6-21 MailSack

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:20 (3983 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I liked this quote:

Chris Butcher, Senior Engineering Lead

I'm still holding out hope that Destiny is able to render an entire planet as "seen" at the end of the big Bungie history video they released a while back who's name I can't currently remember.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread