*OT* Just finished Last of Us

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 21, 2013, 17:32 (3988 days ago)

Wow. That game is amazing. Anyone else beaten it yet?

Sadly, it doesn't run on my 360. :(

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 21, 2013, 17:52 (3988 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Are you sure?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 21, 2013, 17:53 (3988 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Have you tried? I think Microsoft added PS3 support last update.

Started playing today!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:01 (3988 days ago) @ Xenos

I should finish tomorrow. That's the plan. And then I'll likely torture myself with survival or hard mode.

This also marks my second ps3 game, as I'm not actually in ownership of the console. I just couldn't say no to Cardyceps and Naughty Dog.

It's fantastic!

Started playing today!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:04 (3988 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

I should finish tomorrow. That's the plan. And then I'll likely torture myself with survival or hard mode.

This also marks my second ps3 game, as I'm not actually in ownership of the console. I just couldn't say no to Cardyceps and Naughty Dog.

It's fantastic!

Small bit of advice (though you may not need it). I always saved my blades to craft shivs but after playing the whole game I suggest at least having one nail bomb at all times, they are amazing and saved my life on many occasion. It just took me 3/4 of the game to realize how helpful they are...

Started playing today!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:29 (3988 days ago) @ Xenos

Small bit of advice (though you may not need it). I always saved my blades to craft shivs but after playing the whole game I suggest at least having one nail bomb at all times, they are amazing and saved my life on many occasion. It just took me 3/4 of the game to realize how helpful they are...

Oh yes! They're incredible. I also managed to mostly ignore them for a good while, until I left the hotel. Then I really got to witness their devastation. So effective! Will be stocking up on those for sure.

Also, I've been having so much fun with the bow. Going unnoticed while dropping hunters with that is so much fun.

I can't wait!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:12 (3988 days ago) @ Xenos

The second I get back home on Sunday, I'll seclude myself and devote the rest of the day to The Last of Us. Nobody is going to spoil this game for me.

Don't trust the rumors, the world does explodes at the end.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:13 (3988 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:42 (3988 days ago) @ Xenos

Send my your ps3, the game and your credit card info and I'll let you know my thoughts.

I'd write a comprehensive review with just 2 of those 3.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:45 (3988 days ago) @ biggy

- No text -

They're in the mail

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:55 (3988 days ago) @ biggy

Nevermind the fact I don't know your address.

Perfect.

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Friday, June 21, 2013, 19:14 (3988 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

They're in the mail

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 21, 2013, 19:40 (3988 days ago) @ Xenos

That's not really a problem. USPS apparently didn't know my address when shipping my Destiny shirt. It was supposed to come to Texas but decided to take a detour to a post office in Tennessee… Maybe they need to raise the price of stamps again?

They're in the mail

by ncsuDuncan @, Friday, June 21, 2013, 19:43 (3988 days ago) @ Ragashingo

That's not really a problem. USPS apparently didn't know my address when shipping my Destiny shirt. It was supposed to come to Texas but decided to take a detour to a post office in Tennessee… Maybe they need to raise the price of stamps again?

Or maybe you're destined to go to Tennessee?

Eh. Maybe.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 21, 2013, 19:47 (3988 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

- No text -

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, June 21, 2013, 19:28 (3988 days ago) @ Xenos

Just started playing it at 3am this morning. Made it about 4 hour in (side note: work really sucked today).
I've got a few minor gripes, but over all I'm really enjoying it. Most telling of all, it's the kind of game I usually don't enjoy, but it's strengths are SO STRONG that I'm enjoying despite all the things I dislike about the genre.
Can't wait to jump back in and play more.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 21, 2013, 19:44 (3988 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Just started playing it at 3am this morning. Made it about 4 hour in (side note: work really sucked today).
I've got a few minor gripes, but over all I'm really enjoying it. Most telling of all, it's the kind of game I usually don't enjoy, but it's strengths are SO STRONG that I'm enjoying despite all the things I dislike about the genre.
Can't wait to jump back in and play more.

I actually had a very similar experience.

Just finished it. Such an experience!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Saturday, June 22, 2013, 17:54 (3987 days ago) @ Xenos

I think my mind's gonna be chewin' on it for some time. What a journey.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 11:46 (3987 days ago) @ Xenos

Just in case anyone here finds these mini-docs and enjoyable as I do, then I point you to "The Sound and Music of The Last of Us"

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 18:25 (3986 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Just in case anyone here finds these mini-docs and enjoyable as I do, then I point you to "The Sound and Music of The Last of Us"

That was awesome! I love hearing about game design. Thanks for sharing!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread