A few more questions (Fan Creations)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 06:01 (3318 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by Korny, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 06:09

3.How long does it take to kill an enemy Guardian with Firefist? At what range is it no longer effective?

About the same amount of time as a Solar grenade... But maybe we could add some neat touches, such as L2 bringing your fists together to concentrate on a narrower field, doubling the killing speed per-target but slightly slowing your movement. Also, keep in mind that depending on perk, enemies could potentially burn even after running, or explode, which adds another element of damage to consider/balance.

As for range, I wanted to give it a decent range, in order to make up for the walking speed, but at the same time I didn't want them to be able to control an entire room, so maybe the range is equal to the diameter of a Solar grenade? What would you like?
Also, consider that you could potentially use your grenades to force enemy movement, such as a Flare making it difficult to judge your location, or using a Torrent to get them to move closer to you. Add Armamentarium to the mix...

4. Grenades. How is napalm different from the sunsinger's solar grenade? How long does Flare persist?

Hitting an enemy with it sets them ablaze (pretty much guaranteeing death, but giving enemies time to kill/weaken you), and the flames left behind, while not covering as much of an area as a Solar Grenade, can ignite enemies that touch them, so enemies can be kept at bay even after the grenade expires.

As for the duration of the Flare, I figured it could match the Spike Grenade (4 seconds), the Torrent Grenade could match the Trip Mine (10 seconds), and Napalm could match the Spike as well. The Gel Fuel perk could increase the Flare and Napalm to 7 seconds, and the Torrent to 17 seconds.

Torrent lasts a long time because I planned for it to be more of a distraction/decoy. The flames don't ignite enemies (but can hit multiple targets), have a short range, and it can be destroyed, but it also helps serve as a constant alert when enemies are within range (for the Inferno players).

5.A more conspicuous, Flaming Blink would be nice to further level the playing field.

I did want to add what I would call "Jump Jets", Allowing players to quickly thrust around Blink-style with elements of thrusters found in modern shooters, but figured that people wouldn't like me messing with the Titan jumps, which are identical among both existing subclasses.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread